George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well make Herrs... yours....

yeah Central PA we pronounce it like it it has one “r” and not the German way. And the first line is their sales pitch lol...

That's a great ad slogan. Quite catchy!!!

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol... Utz babeeee...

Took the tour there years ago... it was a self-guided walkthrough above the factory floor. Don't know if that's changed since.

The Herr's tour is a bit more involved. Tour guide and everything. The highlight was when the tour guide brought all of us a handful of chips that were freshly made... literally hot off the presses.  LOL.

2 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

I trust your relatives are fighting the good fight against the Demon. There is a reading that might be helpful to them. It's called "A Nez Peirce Warriors Reflections" it answered many questions for me in a relatively simplistic manner. It can be found on the net.     

Thank you. He''s doing good. Goes to therapy,  knows what he is dealing with. When I see him again, I'll do my best to pass this info along. He's a great kid.  (OK...in his 30s now, but my nieces and nephews will always be kids to me. LOL)

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This thread makes for an interesting read during my lunch hour....

Anyway, seems to me, there are several different versions of Hopkins.  One of them cared TOO MUCH about the Cadets.  And another one is currently trying to sue them for $600K.  This doesn't make sense.

I can't even believe I'm commenting on it.

I cringed when I read the “now defunct Cadets2”.  I was thinking exactly WHY are they “now defunct”.   Him,  perhaps? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know there are rules about politics on here.  What about religion? 

Yes, there are.  thanks to MikeD and you all for steering the discussion back to within the guidelines.  Thread has - I think - been cleaned up.

Carry on....on topic, within the guidelines, please.  thanks!

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I do not believe however that public prosecutors care much about such things such as.... "  Drum Corps Alumni ".... "  Women ( or others)  out for revenge"..... " the fury of the public ".... a " metoo movement "... nor whether or not as person has found " God, Prayer, or Satan, etc... nor are they interested in "  process issues ", and other such irrelevancies, nor on what motivates people to do things.

District and County Prosecutors are interested primarily... and almost exclusively... in criminal activity that might be taking place within their geographical jurisdictions. Its their job. They evaluate information, evidence brought to them by alleged victims of crime. They oftentimes can decide that law enforcement needs to do more before filing criminal charges, or they might find little corroborating evidence a crime was committed. Prosecutors typically do not want to take the time, expense, to proceed on criminal prosecutions on criminal charges they believe are unprovable in Court, or flimsy in nature.

In the situation of George Hopkins, all we can say at the moment with a degree of certainty is that Prosecutors in the State Of Pennsylvania have been persuaded by TWO Women that they were sexually assaulted and victimized by George Hopkins. That the Prosecutors looked at their testimony, and with their Office's investigatory powers in conjunction with local law enforcement concluded there was compelling info that they have in their possession that George Hopkins engaged in criminal assault, and that he should be arrested and charged with crimes., including the charge of Rape.

Thats all missing in your commentary above, and  just wanted to point this out. George Hopkins is presumed innocent under the Law and will have the opportunity to be heard in a Court of Law. So will the Women. The rest of this stuff re. motivations, Alumni, Drum Corps, meetoo movement, God, Religion, etc, might be interesting sidebars to learn about to some, but its not why Pennsylvania Prosecutors have sought a Warrant for the Arrest and the subsequent Prosecution on multiple criminal charge accounts with two Women victims of George Hopkins, Lancer79.

I have said it before & will again:  We need a 'duh' button

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This thread makes for an interesting read during my lunch hour....

Anyway, seems to me, there are several different versions of Hopkins.  One of them cared TOO MUCH about the Cadets.  And another one is currently trying to sue them for $600K.  This doesn't make sense.

I can't even believe I'm commenting on it.

My 1st USAF boss said to me "The problem is that you are trying to apply logic to an inherently illogical situation"

• Like 2

The question of how far back does the dci police go is interesting. By way of comparison, how far back did society go with Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey for example. There was no - ok, starting *right now* you can’t do that anymore.  No, wrong was wrong regardless of when in the continuum of time the weak dci policy was written. So, as regards Fred Morrison and whether he KNOWINGLY hired the stripped-of-his-teaching-license Joel Moody before or after the weak dci policy was crafted, I don’t see that it matters. Fred stepped down from dci ED position. Ok. That’s halfway there. He needs to be gone from the Crossmen too. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 2