Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I don't believe any laws changed. But BD may have gone to the trouble of securing video rights on their own.

Excellent recruiting tool.

My deaire to march DCI only manifested after I sought out some video files on IRC. Kids will see these videos and want to do it.

14 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It would appear that the '16, '17 and '18 shows are absent from the channel's recent uploads.

...but 2015 is there, and even the edits that didn't make the CDs , DVDs, and BluRays are in the video. It's a Festivus Miracle!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

...but 2015 is there, and even the edits that didn't make the CDs , DVDs, and BluRays are in the video. It's a Festivus Miracle!!!

Isn't this proof that they must have paid for all of the rights for all of their shows prior to Tresona?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

Isn't this proof that they must have paid for all of the rights for all of their shows prior to Tresona?

Most likely.

Anyone know the etiquette/law about downloading the YouTube videos, and saving them as other video file formats? 

I rather suspect an internship is about to end.

40 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Anyone know the etiquette/law about downloading the YouTube videos, and saving them as other video file formats? 

The law is unclear on it. Whatever laws might exist against it are practically unenforceable anyway, so download away. It's what I do whenever someone posts shows I don't have access to yet. Current copyright laws exist pretty much entirely to benefit executives who had nothing to do with actually creating the art they claim as theirs, so I see no reason to obey them.

1 hour ago, ibexpercussion said:

17 minutes ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

I rather suspect an internship is about to end.

The law is unclear on it. Whatever laws might exist against it are practically unenforceable anyway, so download away. It's what I do whenever someone posts shows I don't have access to yet. Current copyright laws exist pretty much entirely to benefit executives who had nothing to do with actually creating the art they claim as theirs, so I see no reason to obey them.

Law is totally unclear. Feel free to download and archive for personal use but don't redistribute the video or exported audio for profit.

29 minutes ago, gabe211 said:

Law is totally unclear. Feel free to download and archive for personal use but don't redistribute the video or exported audio for profit.

Can dig unclear as yt would take away unlicensed vids  after getting complaints.... yet added that download option (for a fee)... hmmm.... 

As for different format never had a problem getting local shop to convert licensed vhs tapes to dvd. But did have to say for personal use and converting before vhs machine crapped out. So eventually would still have one copy so no idea if applies here

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, garfield said:

or paid later as the application of the laws changed