In addition the criminal charges against GH

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What about when snare drummers are asked to do the tango, the dance of love?  I’ve seen it! 

Lol. It is kinda odd since field percussion has the highest level of built in HR appropriateness. Our personal space bubble is pretty much built in after all. That little dip and pull thing would be h###!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Plies for certain. Pirouettes are absolute murder on your back and your knees hit the throw off for the snare. More focus on health in 2019!

🤣

Least you forget that the Visial Caption Head knows full well that a) the Perc Judge cannot come out on the field to evaluate your playing, b) the buzz roll air release writing which will result can be played by the concert snare or synth in the front ensemble, and c) the music GE upstairs will not suffer due to the way the sheets are written. Therefore the VCH will determine that Visual GE can be greatly enhanced and will have the justification for the snare line to take off and ground the drums in order to do the multiple Piroettes throughout the show.

And so that this thread stays on topic and does not get shut down: it will all be the fault of GH who will face civil charges in spearheading these changes in DCI a few years back.

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Least you forget that the Visial Caption Head knows full well that a) the Perc Judge cannot come out on the field to evaluate your playing, b) the buzz roll air release writing which will result can be played by the concert snare or synth in the front ensemble, and c) the music GE upstairs will not suffer due to the way the sheets are written. Therefore the VCH will determine that Visual GE can be greatly enhanced and will have the justification for the snare line to take off and ground the drums in order to do the multiple Piroettes throughout the show.

And so that this thread stays on topic and does not get shut down: it will all be the fault of GH who will face civil charges in spearheading these changes in DCI a few years back.

When I see threads go OT for a bit on here, I think of how real conversation often veers off in different directions.   Doesn’t bother me very much. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

When I see threads go OT for a bit on here, I think of how real conversation often veers off in different directions.   Doesn’t bother me very much. 

And I am going to sort of miss the days when DCP discussion went as follows... Poster A: "Did ya hear that the toilets backed up at the truck stop out on I-95 near the stadum; I wonder what happened?" Poster B: "George Hopkins!"

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Same here.

But then again, "veering off" is pretty much the story of my life. :laughing:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Same here. It only bothers me when posters start thinking they’re soooo clever. (I’m probably guilty lol.)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Same here. It only bothers me when posters start thinking they’re soooo clever. (I’m probably guilty lol.)

Well we’ve had Monty Python and Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy the last few weeks (guilty to both). And this week????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Visual GE can be greatly enhanced and will have the justification for the snare line to take off and ground the drums in order to do the multiple Piroettes throughout the show.

Imagine the count sequence Stu;

"Dut...dut...dut...dut..watch me drop my pigs...dut...dut...dut...and spin....and spin...and spin"

P.S. George Hopkins blah blah blah...now it's on topic.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well we’ve had Monty Python and Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy the last few weeks (guilty to both). And this week????

I just posted a Scooby Doo reference in another post Jim. Do I win?

Oh...and George Hopkins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1