Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

2 hours ago, TerriTroop said:

I wish more corps could afford to do what the BD organization has been able to put together for so many years. It's such an important aspect of drum corps that people keep wanting to see more of. Maybe someday other world class organizations will be able to put together small local teaching programs again. (if there's a market for it)

Thank you to the BD organization for continuing to do this work. And yay BDC!!!

The Academy has both a winter and a summer youth guard program, as well as a SoundSport group, Phenom, that is grown up enough to be going to some shows in Cali this year. They also offer a Trainee program for locals who aren't ready for the corps, but lets them come to camps to learn and be a part of the corps up until move-ins. Sierra, the head drum major was a trainee - so there are those who stick it out that are moving up to full membership. That's been going on since either 2009 or 2010.

Edited by desertrat68
  • Like 1

The same trombone rip from a couple years ago

So did Flo put the mics in the wrong place during Cavies, move them to the right place for SCV, then move back to the wrong spots for Devils?  Seems like a lot of work to me.

I love this show so much, and dare I say there's quite a bit more drill here than SCV 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

FFS. Let them REPEAT first before you start talking about a threepeat.

Ok I will go wait in the corner lol 

• Like 1

Just now, awunderlich said:

The same trombone rip from a couple years ago

Always quoting themselves 

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Eh, if only because BOA groups are pulling on the BD formula more and more.   

I will say, I've been waiting for the BD team to just totally reinvent everything from some time now.  

nah, BOA bands were doing cringey voiceover back when DCI corps were still doing impressive design.

So far this year I like Bluecoats and Crown. Luckily I really like them, because man. These SCV and BD shows are really weak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1