Stanford, CA - Saturday, June 22, 2019

9 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

If they were professionals, Flo would move the mics. Or at least have a professional on the sound board to adjust the balance.  The corps don't have the ability to make such adjustments.

You can't adjust field pickups differently for every corps.  Logistically impossible.  Each corps need to work their speaker stack setups to achieve BOTH field coverage and avoid bleed into the Flo mics, which have a standardized setup that EVERY corps could adjust to, if they would just pay attention.

Edited by hughesmr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

LOVING the prop usage from BD, some really clever stuff.  Lots of different dimensions to them.  Colorguard is knockout as always.  Lots of spots they're obviously going to fill in.  Not sure about the overall arc of the show, but I have faith in them to develop it.  

I agree, just a genius use of the props in my eyes with so many options available. Scott Chandler is just a machine. Every single year. I have BD over SCV come finals.

• Like 5

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I have to wait until Atlanta to see them but that BD show is gonna be rockin by then. 

Jokes aside I totally agree

it seems like just a skeleton and we will have to see where they take it!

• Like 1

Just now, hughesmr said:

You can't adjust field pickups differently for every corps.  Logistically impossible.  Each corps need to work their speaker stack setups to achieve BOTH field coverage and avoid bleed into the Flo mics, which have a standardized setup that EVERY corps could adjust to, if they would just pay attention.

Maybe thats the problem Flo is not being consistant show to show

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Mandarins and Cavaliers probably my two favorites tonight.  SCV was phenomenally good as was BD, just didn't tick my boxes like the other two did.  

Same for me as well.

8 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It's got a 'skeleton' feel to it.  As BD shows tend to have early on.  I'm betting by July 4 or so this will feel like an entirely different show as the layers come on.

that's scott's thing.  he will constantly fill in this show until finals.

• Like 1

So far the Bluecoats are the only contending corps that has blown me away so far. BD and BAC to me is interesting. SCV and Crown will take time to grow on me. Though there's no question the talent in the aforementioned corps.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Santa Clara Vanguard: Drum corps kids are getting younger! No... I'm getting older. Back flip guy is back!  The sections are all good.  Great stuff going on.  The show hasn't clicked yet, but it will be awesome when it gets there!  This ballad definitely works.  SCV's guard is moving toward the body movement camp!  Tenor feature!  It's an excellent show.  Great technical stuff going on.  Not yet feeling the emotion.  No doubt it will happen as this matures.  

Agreed, but back flip guy isn’t back. 

• Like 1