DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

1 minute ago, fanman said:

It could be a coincident pair on the 50 yard line but if so it should be in stereo, not mono. 

Yeah, it looks like a pair of mics. Maybe one of the lines shorted out in the rain. Maybe the sound guy doesn't know about panning knobs.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, drangin said:

Yeah, three mics all last year. I'll be bummed if this is the new normal.

Sound for the Rose Bowl show was fantastic.  I suspect they packed a bulk of the equipment to keep in from the rain.  

Same thing for front ensembles.  I bet the first corps out already have them in the trucks and will standstill, go straight to busses  and load for the road.   I'll bet later corps will do much the same.  It's gonna be late night to do the stand still then hit the road for some of them.

Seems like they could move faster getting on and off the field.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Largely it's prop and field conditions related.  Drill movements and body work on a soggy field can be sliptastic.  Props that have been sitting out in the rain waiting to load to the field will be wet and slippery too.  I never quite realized this until 2014 in Ft. Wayne when it had rained right up to the start of the show with some intermittent mist.  Corps' props had been out etc. So even though Bluecoats went on next to last with Tilt, those ramps were still fairly wet.  Some of the corps did not go up the ramps but too the "stand in front of them" option.  The big runner and jump (there were multiple ramp jumpers in the original ending) slipped off the end of the ramp into the group of guard to catch her and did have some head impact on the ground as they were caught. 

So yeah, I get it.  

Thanks for the detail explanation.. 😇

4 minutes ago, drangin said:

Yeah, it looks like a pair of mics. Maybe one of the lines shorted out in the rain. Maybe the sound guy doesn't know about panning knobs.

Hahaha nicely done with the panning knobs reference. I thought I’d stump a few people by mentioning coincident pairs 😀

39 minutes ago, craiga said:

Too bad there isn't a domed venue in Florida...that would solve it.   It is a HUGE expense for all the corps to go there just fot standstills. It isn't as if Orlando is on the way to the other shows.

Since Boston will be staying for a few more days, hopefully rehearsal time will not be affected.

30 minutes ago, fanman said:

While we’re at it, Allentown needs to be downgraded to a regular show and the Eastern Classic should go to Met-Life

I really like this suggestion. It would make all regionals indoors which would be consistent with the acoustic environment corps will face in Indy 

• Like 1