New Rule for the next conference

Just now, Cappybara said:

Eh agree to disagree is all I'm gonna say 

Well.. you don’t exactly have an impartial rep on here so yeah we Can agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I'll let you go ahead and play around with your false equivalences. Enjoy. 

Who's playing? I thought it was all pre-recorded to your tastes? :w00t:

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Eh agree to disagree is all I'm gonna say 

Please say more! But make sure it is pre-recorded. :lol:

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Well.. you don’t exactly have an impartial rep on here so yeah we Can agree to disagree. 

My partiality is just my particular flavor of that year. If your corps of choice happens to not be my flavor, sorry to disappoint ya. 

I used to really dislike Cavaliers shows especially those early to mid 2000s shows with the weak sounding hornline due to the very layered and somewhat boring arrangements. Starting with 2013 they took a turn for me and ive enjoyed almost every show they've put out ever since. 

If I don't like your corps' shows, don't take it too personally because chances are, my tune will change in a couple years if they take a design turn that I like. 

Now if the Northeast hounds permit, let's step away from the clam chowdah and get back to the topic at hand...

Edited by Cappybara

My last two years with a local-circuit junior corps, 1975-76... our horn line was so bad, I wish we had the option of having another pre-recorded line play our music. :tongue:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

pretty sure the field judges would be able to spot that in a second, even from the safe zone

So what if they do?  They are using recorded music - 4 seconds or 11 min doesn't make a difference.  At least it would be something the members had actually played - unlike sampling of non-member performers.

Once a can of worms is open good luck on getting them back in...

4 hours ago, StuStu said:

A fair point.  But given that thess shows are judged a couple dozen times over the course of the summer, judges would soon know where and when to look.

not really. with pits now on the field...how they gonna get out there?

• Like 1

other than their disastrous decision to hide recaps, show me a rule DCI has rolled back since no singing on the field?

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

other than their disastrous decision to hide recaps, show me a rule DCI has rolled back since no singing on the field?

I'm hoping we can add the removal of field judges to that short list 

This is great conversation.  While I can appreciate the desire for clean music and hence, the pre-recorded vocals,  I still come back to the same thought "This is performance Art" and the performance should be "live" by the performers on the field. 

This year, I believe corps have gone too far and are depending on pre-recorded vocals.  I will go so far as to say that pre-recorded vocals have a tempo locked in.  How is that different from a metronome on the field, which is illegal?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1