Staff merry-go-round

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

There are pills now for the first one.

* 4 hour disclaimer 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Algernon said:

heard the ax fell on just about everyone at Cadets yesterday.....

Don’t send them to Rockford.

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Don’t send them to Rockford.

Yup, Rockford already has problems with their design staff 

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yup, Rockford already has problems with their design staff 

True dat

Sad to post this one 😞

Ward Miller

Hello, all!  I hope everyone is swinging into a great fall, whatever the year brings you. 

I have an important announcement. After five great years as the Brass Caption Head of the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps, I am stepping down from that role. Nothing precipitated this move, nothing terrible happened, and this is a completely amicable departure for me from my friends in La Crosse, WI. However, it simply felt like it was time for a change. 

I want to thank the Blue Stars for taking a chance on me as a Caption Head in Fall of 2014. I had no drum corps experience as a teacher, marcher, or really even as an audience member. That took guts on their behalf, and I hope that they feel that I repaid their gamble with what our Brass Staff and Hornlines delivered over the last five seasons. 

To my staff, both past and present, thank you for your friendship, your pedagogical insights, and your work ethic. Collaborating with all of you has been the greatest growth opportunity I’ve ever experienced as an educator, and your prowess was the reason that the Blue Stars Brass achieved great things. I look forward to working with all of you again in any capacity. 

To every brass performer who ever honored me with their presence in a Blue Stars Brass Hornline: thank you for your work, your respect, your musicianship, your physical sacrifice, your talent. In short, thank you for being my Hornline, and we can always treasure those memories. I have one charge to any Blue Stars Brass performer who is still eligible in 2020: if you want to match drum corps, march the Blue Stars. You weren’t there because of the staff; you were there because of each other, and because of what that organization gives you as an experience. #FCO!

As for me, I am looking forward to the opportunities that await me in the coming days and weeks. I don’t know what they’ll look like, but I know that they’ll be right.