Jump to content

What Four Cities.........?


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Traffic

Traffic

Traffic

Expensive, homeless everywhere.

I don’t know for certain what traffic is like where the stadium would be located for Chicago, specifically, but I would guess San Fran would be best suited in Levi Stadium in Santa Clara and Boston would be at Gillette in Foxboro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

London, UK  (Wembley );  I went last year when the Philadelphia Eagles played and there were people from Philly everywhere.  It was a blast.  It would be fun to go to another country and promote drum corps.  Yeah, getting the corps equipment there could be a challenge.  They might have to rent a cargo plane.  But, let's think outside the U.S. "box".  It's bold.

New York City (Meadowlands); make sure there are events to attract national media exposure, which they don't in Indianapolis.

New Orleans (dome); because it is fun, though it is pretty hot down there.

San Diego:  I go to Comic-con every year and the weather is very, very pleasant.  They also have lots of hotel space and are known to cut deals, particularly since their stadium doesn't have an NFL team anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My choices are Houston, Houston, Houston, and after thinking about it..... Houston. 

Houston has lots of schools that could easily house all of DCI's drum and bugle corps. 

Houston's NRG stadium is amazing with plenty of parking and the stadium is just awesome.

Houston has amazing parks to visit, awesome breweries, and downtown is fun to explore.

Houston is the fattest city in America... so you know the food here is amazing. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, Bob P. said:

And every one of those cities has world class gourmet dining - yes even Minneapolis.  😉

Forgive me for replying late. I rarely view DCP these days. Dining before or after a drum corps show is good ::wink::

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

My choices are Houston, Houston, Houston, and after thinking about it..... Houston. 

Houston has lots of schools that could easily house all of DCI's drum and bugle corps. 

Houston's NRG stadium is amazing with plenty of parking and the stadium is just awesome.

Houston has amazing parks to visit, awesome breweries, and downtown is fun to explore.

Houston is the fattest city in America... so you know the food here is amazing. 

DCI could use the Dean Martin tune as a theme song. 

"Goin' back to Houston... Houston...  Houston..." :tongue:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

My choices are Houston, Houston, Houston, and after thinking about it..... Houston. 

Houston has lots of schools that could easily house all of DCI's drum and bugle corps. 

Houston's NRG stadium is amazing with plenty of parking and the stadium is just awesome.

Houston has amazing parks to visit, awesome breweries, and downtown is fun to explore.

Houston is the fattest city in America... so you know the food here is amazing. 

 

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

DCI could use the Dean Martin tune as a theme song. 

"Goin' back to Houston... Houston...  Houston..." :tongue:

and not even an hour's drive outside of Houston (corps usually stay as much as an hour and a half away for practices for Regionals) an exsanguination.

image of Wild Hog in Woods  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/26/feral-hogs-kill-woman-texas/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

 

and not even an hour's drive outside of Houston (corps usually stay as much as an hour and a half away for practices for Regionals) an exsanguination.

image of Wild Hog in Woods  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/26/feral-hogs-kill-woman-texas/

Lol just don't sleep outside. This reminds me of the time when I saw one that looked about the same size as horse. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Lol just don't sleep outside. This reminds me of the time when I saw one that looked about the same size as horse. 

I gotta figure... never mess with anything the size of a horse that isn't a horse. :laughing:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...