What Four Cities.........?

Nashville. It’s completely obvious. Nashville is America is it city right now and for good reason. So many things to see and do, world-class venues, tons of hotels, and a city that knows how to host major entertainment events.

And perhaps just as important, the newest world class corps that hosts what is already one of the largest drum Corps shows of the tour.

Nashville is also centrally located, with four major interstates intersecting the city. It would be a great partner for Indianapolis, the tour could easily organize itself to land in Nashville at the end.

There is a new major league soccer stadium being built right now, it would be the perfect destinations for the tour. If you wanted to go bigger, Nissan Stadium would also be available, which hosts the Tennessee Titans.

Of course the only major downside is that none of these are indoor facilities, which probably would be a nonstarter for obvious reasons.

Edited by MikeRapp

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Nashville. It’s completely obvious. Nashville is America is it city right now and for good reason. So many things to see and do, world-class venues, tons of hotels, and a city that knows how to host major entertainment events.

And perhaps just as important, the newest world class corps that hosts what is already one of the largest drum Corps shows of the tour.

Nashville is also centrally located, with four major interstates intersecting the city. It would be a great partner for Indianapolis, the tour could easily organize itself to land in Nashville at the end.

There is a new major league soccer stadium being built right now, it would be the perfect destinations for the tour. If you wanted to go bigger, Nissan Stadium would also be available, which hosts the Tennessee Titans.

Of course the only major downside is that none of these are indoor facilities, which probably would be a nonstarter for obvious reasons.

Agree on all of the above, except that I can't seem to identify the four intersecting interstates.  There are the 64, 24 and 40, but what is the 4th?

On 10/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, ibexpercussion said:

San Antonio (rotate the regional out in these years)

NYC

Las Vegas (but let's build a dome)

San Francisco

Las Vegas is in fact building a dome! The skeleton is up!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Las Vegas is in fact building a dome! The skeleton is up!

Keep in mind that the average temp in Vegas in August is between 100 & 104 degrees.  Not much fun at rehearsals.  If we are concerned about mm safety ( even in their footwear) we should be concerned with the heat.  Even dry heat which is a concern for fast dehydration.  Heat concern would be true with any southern locale.  And if you rehearse on turf it would be the worst case for heat.

As a spectator Vegas can work, but then I could stay indoors most of the time.

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes the 65, which I meant when I said 64, my bad.  So what is the 4th?  There are the 65, 24 and 40, all of which I have driven.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

840?

I just looked and my guess too. If I go to Nashville I’m taking a side trip and throw rocks at the old Saturn plant in Spring Hill. Had two of them, first I swore by and second one.....

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I just looked and my guess too. If I go to Nashville I’m taking a side trip and throw rocks at the old Saturn plant in Spring Hill. Had two of them, first I swore by and second one.....

I-840 is not an interstate, but a ring highway and therefore does not "intersect".   Actually the I-24 is really the odd one. Even number Interstates (I-40 and I-24) run East-West and don't usually intersect Normally only 2 Interstates can intersect at one place (city).  Having four is virtually impossible.  At any rate, notwithstanding the lack of indoor facilities for DC, I really think that Nashville is a great spot for DCI finals.  And whats a little warm weather?