Cadets and YEA new path forward

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

this gang isn't very good at torture -- you edit shows from the past ten years or so and play the most egregious aspects of each show over and over in the loop

for example - Little Jeffrey learning to twirl goes directly into the narration "I love my trumpet" of 2007 then a direct leap into Backflip Jesus battle with Adonis from 2016. You edit out anything with fast paced exciting drill (like the end of 2008), good musicianship (such as the French Horn solo from 2015) and you ONLY include such highlights as the oprah tarp, the stage too high to let you see what's going on, plus a few splashes of "Can I get an amen!!??" and the always annoying "I hope you might like to sit and have some tea" 

you need the first 3/4 of 08 and all of 06

• Like 1

Once again this thread devolves. Is there any point in rehashing the Cadets poor design choices? Anyone with half of a brain is well aware of the Cadets design failures. Maybe some day this thread will actually promote the future of the Cadets. Funny that some of the same posters who shame the mention of Hopkins keep going on about his poor design choices. I better just shut up before I get banned from this site.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Once again this thread devolves. Is there any point in rehashing the Cadets poor design choices? Anyone with half of a brain is well aware of the Cadets design failures. Maybe some day this thread will actually promote the future of the Cadets. Funny that some of the same posters who shame the mention of Hopkins keep going on about his poor design choices. I better just shut up before I get banned from this site.

Oh come on. Most of us can see it is just in good fun. I am pretty sure we are all hopeful for a great Cadets rebound.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t consider them Cadets design failures.  

Exactly: and “the cadets” executed great - no matter the design plus and minuses

and back to the future - I’m so anxious to see and hear the 2020 Cadets, the show music I’ve heard is very much classic sounding cadets. Can’t wait! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t consider them Cadets design failures.  

Egg-xactly. A lot of us commented on the even year (Hop-year) disasters vs. the odd year (design team) years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Yeah , its funny how so many corps would have loved to suck as bad as Cadets in the past😀

This is how I measure drum corps. I was at a drum corps party this weekend. The main event was watching last year’s Blu Rays. But the party went on for a day and a half. When not watching last year’s shows, we would call out shows from the entire Legacy Collection and every year since. We watched somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 hours of drum corps, and we were an eclectic group. Know what no one asked for? Any of the Cadet shows that have recently been poked fun of. Sorry, but they just didn’t stand the test of time. Regardless, I want to see a truly vintage Cadets show this year that is worthy of their greatest shows. I do not want to see a NPR show, nor do I want to see a Stoned show ever again. But I would love to see a classic Cadets show. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1