Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Agree with that only if people will follow social distancing while outside.... But like my mom would say it only takes a few people to screw it up for everyone 

I love this age ( sarcasm ) of don't believe what you see or hear. Or clearly obvious

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Compared to when?

that can be true BUT as to what I was responding to from Jim , it's quite obvious protesters are NOT following any guidelines. There's no defending the obvious and clearly seen.

When what is seen or heard  ( and on tape  or audio ) one day and denied the next or spun seems to be a daily occurrence .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I love this age ( sarcasm ) of don't believe what you see or hear. Or clearly obvious

Well a person can always find a website or post on social media that will say what they want to hear. That’s all the “proof” they need that they are right. IMO in this age just so much easier to find and vent any off the wall belief 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What is the latest with testing the population? Keep hearing comparison numbers with other countries but that ignores the fact we have 330Mil compared to places with smaller populations. IOW pure numbers confuse the issue

Keep hearing the death count as a pure number also, far more than any other statistic.  Do you also believe that “ignores the fact we have 330Mil compared to places with smaller populations”?

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well a person can always find a website or post on social media that will say what they want to hear. That’s all the “proof” they need that they are right. 

should I say it again?....lol

" Ignorance can be bliss and sometimes ignorance is just ignorance"

YES you are right

Edited by GUARDLING

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Keep hearing the death count as a pure number also, far more than any other statistic.  Do you also believe that “ignores the fact we have 330Mil compared to places with smaller populations”?

Haven’t been following death count as compared to other countries. If anything been checking death count as compared to total cases in US to see roughly the survival rate. Have been checking US total cases count to see what percentage of the population has been exposed. That’s taking for granted any future rounds will not affect those already infected.

To answer the question better I try to find per capita (number per thousand people) for a better understanding of what is going on. For instance PA plans to open counties based on new cases in the last 14 days per 1000 people. Better guide IMO when you have Philly in one county and counties with more bear than people.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

should I say it again?....lol

" Ignorance can be bliss and sometimes ignorance is just ignorance"

YES you are right

Worked with a guy like this. He really believed “his” news source was the only one telling the truth. Finally I asked him “ever think you feel that way because they are telling you what you WANT to believe”. He still spoke to me but never again said anything about his take on current events (wish I had said it sooner).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Meh, death toll was its highest ever yesterday for the US, at 2,909, 17 days after Easter Sunday. Coincidence? 

The entire country was in maximum "slow the spread" mode around that time.  Are you contending that social distancing is causing the death rate to rise?

I think it is just a coincidence.  

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Meh, death toll was its highest ever yesterday for the US, at 2,909, 17 days after Easter Sunday. Coincidence? 

Probably.