Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

19 hours ago, MikeD said:

Gov Murphy in NJ has started some small reopen steps...state parks and golf courses. No attractions at State Parks will be open, nor will food stalls and restrooms. For golf courses, a lot of restrictions. Only one in a cart, unless they people live together. Only two at a  hole; no foursomes. 16 minutes between teeing off.

I appreciated this message New Jersey put out today about the parks reopening. Seems very on brand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I am for masks and emotional distancing, now get back to work! 

Well I was going to thank you for explaining but now see the “emotional distancing” crack... Unless your definition of “emotional “ is doing what the #### you’re supposed to be doing. 

Lot of people working at food plants including one near a family member. They’re getting sick as hell (one death disclosed so far)  and causing reopening of their county to be delayed. 

Well time for a food run. Everyone has to wear a mask but that doesn’t mean they are wearing them right (mouth AND nose). But only certain number allowed in at one time and lanes are one way. At least no one is flipping out or pulling the “no one tells me what to do but”. IMO thats part of what will get things reopened quicker... co-operation 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Found some old masks from Lowe’s or Home Depot down in the cellar bottomless pit of home repair shelves. Now when my county goes yellow light I might be able to get what’s left of my hair up top cut. (Beard close to 2 full months of no trimming yikes). Using a bandana won’t work with hair cutting.

Question: where does anyone find the cloth masks that just cover the mouth and nose and are washable? Only had one store advertise and leery of online sales.

For that, you might have better luck at a local hardware store, rather than those two national chains.

36 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

For that, you might have better luck at a local hardware store, rather than those two national chains.

Actually have one local in the area but they’re looking for a new owner. Place has been around 100+ years but present family member wants to sell to keep it hardware. Still looking. Other than that it’s Ace/True Value.... ugh.....

Edit: on encouraging side local Goodwill district will soon be taking small items for donations. Stores will not open for business but have worked out safe way to take items. Basically stuff put in bins and left there for days until any virus dies off and no personal contact. And this is in counties that will remain “red” for a while. For those of us who killed time going thru basement crap 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The thing is, lots of people have been back to work this whole time: at hospitals, nursing homes, grocery stores, food processing plants, prisons, and other places that can't shut down.

And by and large, they're the ones who have been getting sick the past month.

Most of the people complaining that we haven't been back to work are people who were able to survive a quarantine with relatively little pain.

They were asked to stay home so that the people who did have to go work in close proximity to others every day could be a little safer.

However, it is encouraging that those people complaining loudest about the shut-downs have represented a small minority of the populatoin.

I would LOVE to engage with you but this is a website devoted to Drum and Bugle Corps.

However, there's always Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19/ so meet me over there

But after work, please.

23 minutes ago, Continental said:

JimF - if you want to stay sane, avoid Reddit 

Lol have checked some things and RAMD was calm by comparison. Let’s just say it’s a good example why I stay off of social media except for here. Just too many wacky packs out there messing things up for people who want a calm conversation. Kind of like people protesting because they want their state reopened but their message gets run over by others.....

encouragement: Former President Bush just released a video calling for everyone to put politics aside and work together like during 9/11....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Perfect message! Very Joisey!!!

Lmao I just looked. Was seeing the mess in CA with the beaches and was thinking someone needs to say “we closed the beaches again because the ### holes who can’t do what needs to be done. Thank them if you’re upset”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I appreciated this message New Jersey put out today about the parks reopening. Seems very on brand.

I just checked out that message.  So to the point.

Store lottery terminals here in Montreal are opening on Monday.  Now I get to buy tickets and dream about winning millions of tax free dollars.....just like before.

• Haha 1