If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

5 hours ago, Continental said:

One of the things that will affect this is complacency.

An attitude of "predictions were wrong so we can go back to normal."  I hope this does not occur. 

So good news = being complacent. That’s quite a stretch. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I think for one thing back in 1917-18 there was no travel like we have now. And btw the Spanish flu did not originate in Spain. They called it that because Spain was neutral in WW1 and their press reported this influenza that was killing people during WW1 and in the US. They think this came from Kansas and soldiers brought it there when they went to Europe. And some medical journals have said the Spanish Flu was a strain of H1N1.

With one big exception - because of the war, the WAS a lot of travel. Almost a perfect storm, sadly. 

38 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Complacency as a result of less than expected results or areas relaxing restrictions too quickly. 

Time will tell.  

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well Dr Fauci is warning people not to stop what they are doing in regards to social distancing, etc just because the projected number of deaths went down. Yes good news but only if we don’t get that c word and slack off.

Meanwhile PAs projected peak was just put off for another week. That was good news that only lasted 2 days. Last I checked we are the state placing 6th in most cases and 5th in increase in percentage of cases over last week. So I hear the projections and hope the better ones come to pass but not pinning any hopes for now

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well Dr Fauci is warning people not to stop what they are doing in regards to social distancing, etc just because the projected number of deaths went down. Yes good news but only if we don’t get that c word and slack off.

Meanwhile PAs projected peak was just put off for another week. That was good news that only lasted 2 days. Last I checked we are the state placing 6th in most cases and 5th in increase in percentage of cases over last week. So I hear the projections and hope the better ones come to pass but not pinning any hopes for now

Like with most things...Including our activity ..One has to wonder what we are NOT being told, and be very wide eyed as to who the messenger is.

There are cities now saying if anyone is out period without a mask they could or will be fined up to $500.00 . I actually heard this on TV today and they seemed quite serious.

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

There are cities now saying if anyone is out period without a mask they could or will be fined up to $500.00 . I actually heard this on TV today and they seemed quite serious.

Would not be surprised... personally was food shopping recently and wanted to smack everyone in the head not wearing a mask or getting too freaking close. Sad that you have to threaten people’s $$$ to get them to do what they should be doing in the first #### place. 
In PA we’re supposed to be wearing masks in public but not sure if we can be penalized if we don’t. Close to me had that dumb case where a woman was fined for non-essential driving. She got cabin fever so went out for a ride without stopping anywhere. Turned out the stay at home order was not clear so she thought she was ok and the cop thought she wasn’t.  Case ended up getting dropped but added fuel to the conspiracy theorists....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Would not be surprised... personally was food shopping recently and wanted to smack everyone in the head not wearing a mask or getting too freaking close. Sad that you have to threaten people’s $$$ to get them to do what they should be doing in the first #### place. 
In PA we’re supposed to be wearing masks in public but not sure if we can be penalized if we don’t. Close to me had that dumb case where a woman was fined for non-essential driving. She got cabin fever so went out for a ride without stopping anywhere. Turned out the stay at home order was not clear so she thought she was ok and the cop thought she wasn’t.  Case ended up getting dropped but added fuel to the conspiracy theorists....

It was said on TV this morning that they didn't want to threaten people and don't want to fine people and said it will also be a misdemeanor but if they had to they would. Makes ya thin k , what don't we know .

You're right though about some people. Also young people better get over that some think they aren't at risk. A local hospital just 4 days ago had  deaths all under 40 years old...sad

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It was said on TV this morning that they didn't want to threaten people and don't want to fine people and said it will also be a misdemeanor but if they had to they would. Makes ya thin k , what don't we know .

Think part of the problem is what they are learning (IOW finding out what they didn’t know before). Sis in law and I had that talk about the masks. First it was only wear if you have symptoms or you have it. Then they came out with asymptotic and you should wear mask because you don’t really know if you have it or not. But kicker is try not to use the type of mask used by health care people due to shortages so cloth is ok (ok for the guvs order but not great for keeping out virus). I use a bandana folded over in a triangle (look like a freaking bank robber). Not the best but at least it’s something and keep that 6 feet anyway

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/passenger-kicked-off-bus-in-philadelphia-for-not-wearing-face-covering/vi-BB12ue1y