Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

21 hours ago, skevinp said:

Yeah the joke part I understood.  But if you lived here, you’d know that most people don’t spend much time outside this time of year, so heat doesn’t get much opportunity to prove itself one way or the other.  The heat actually drives most people indoors in close quarters and recirculating air.  Which probably isn’t helping matters.

i have been there, i do get it. let'e be honest, nothing seems to help stop it right now

12 hours ago, Continental said:

Do you personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.  Do you know anyone who has died from this?

yes to both

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

###### ###### just got tank of gas at Sheetz and in line hear noise behind me. Young moron working for traffic signal crew right up my ### and no mask. Got the proverbial “yeah I’m cool” look and backwards cap. No mask and too self centered to social distance. And his buddy same way right behind him. I jumped out of line and just stared. They were too absorbed in themselves to even notice. 
That was after my count the maskless idiots at BestBuys service desk. 
Anyone want to guess why it’s taking so #### long to go back to normal...

rant off....

for all the good it will do (HA) sent nasty gram to the company....

i generally try to stay out of the DCP medical analysis and expertise discussion except for occasional snide remarks, and i normally don't say a lot in general when it comes to COVID, but the schools reopening does concern me greatly. i have a 3rd grader to be and i am married to a teacher. say one of them is positive. then a whole class gets shuts down...and their families, and maybe anyone they came into contact with. possibly bus drivers, school admin and other workers and aides..and other kids. getting elementary kids to distance and keep masks on all day? yeah, good ####### luck with that, especially if the kid is on the spectrum. 

i get the pros of kids being in school....my kid is among the few i know that actually thrived with the virtual stuff. I know for many kids it's their safe space and a place to get needed services. But one kid getting it and God forbid getting seriously ill...oh jesus. the damage to other kids, and teachers. same thing if a teacher gets it. i remember in 7th grade my history teacher died suddenly...we were a mess for a week. Now imagine elementary kids. i feel bad for administrators, no matter what they do, people will trash them and get all political, plus politicians on top of that. Oh and good luck finding subs, there's already a shortage

but since we as a selfish ######## nation couldn't come up with a unified cohesive non politically driven strategy from day, we are doomed to force things that will just make it worse. schools are petri dishes of germs to begin with. This pushing to repoen is just a disaster waiting to happen, and i guarantee, if something were to happen to my kid or wife, any ######## pushing their political "open up who cares if they die" ######## is going to regret ever meeting me

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, year1buick said:

Has BOA said anything yet?

no. it's tricky for circuits that cover multiple states because the rules vary place to place. my circuit covering 9 states has an option, but i doubt it'll actually happen...but we came up with it to say we had one.

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So with one month before I hit 63 I stay home when possible, refuse to go to family events (too many people who travel to too many states), wear mask if around others, carry disinfectant wipes, have not started my bucket/retirement trip list.... panicking or doing my part not to infect others or myself

only 63? #### you were grumpy at a young age

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

realizing that no matter what we do - covid19 is still out there. 

the only way to exist is to work with it. someone does not want to wear a mask so what. why do you have to wrap yourself in circles over it? 

they want to live?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, E3D said:

good for them its their rights. 

No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

My understanding from the beginning, based on relentless media repitition, is that the unique feature of C-19 is the asymptomatic cases.  We have been told that people can carry it and infect others over a two week period, and still have no idea they were ever infected.  And for this to be unique, the flu must therefore not have a correspondingly similar behavior.

You're gaslighting us, right?

Well, I'm sorry to say that was mistaken. Lots of diseases have asymptomatic cases. And numerous diseases can be spread by asymptomatic carriers.

Before you were saying that "Flu cases are more thoroughly reported because there are no asymptomatic flu cases.  When you get the flu, you know you are sick.".

That was unfortunately incorrect too, as the briefest of checks would have shown you. Again, see here: 33% of flu cases are asymptomatic. Not presymptomatic. One-third of the people who get the flu never get sick; they never know they have the flu unless by chance they happen to be tested for it. Yay immunity!

Now you're pushing a different claim: that the flu doesn't spread when asymptomatic.

That happens to be . . . . . . basically correct. (See the very same link.) Finally. Something true!

So yes, one reason the Covid-19 is more dangerous than the flu is that it's transmitted by asymptomatic individuals. That feature is not unique to Covid-19, but it is an important feature. (The most important feature is presumably that it's a new disease. It hasn't even celebrated its first birthday yet.)

And all of this goes back to your argument that Covid-19 cases are greatly over-reported relative to the flu, because, you falsely claimed, everyone infected by the flu knows it, because... does it even matter?

Screen_Shot_2016-08-03_at_11.08.01_AM.0.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1