Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I just don’t get the “I don’t wear a mask because it’s my right crowd”. Even if it is a right people should wear anyway for the sake of others and the country. Also don’t understand the comeback “if they’re worried they should stay home”. Yeah.... not possible with a lot of people (need to get food, see doctor, etc) and 24/7 stay at home so others don’t have to use a piece of cloth the few minutes a day they might be out in public. Real equal trade eh?

And then we have the “wearing a mask kills you by breathing in CO2” nutzy crowd...

Maybe the ones who don't want to wear a mask are the ones who should be in lockdown to protect others. Finally Walmart and Sams club just said no mask no entry

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Maybe the ones who don't want to wear a mask are the ones who should be in lockdown to protect others

I just love it when someone tells me “if you’re worried about catching it stay home”. When I respond “I’m not worried about me, I’m worried about others” I get a blank look or no text response. It’s like thinking of others is a foreign concept to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realize common sense is rare on here to begin with, but seems even more rare in the world at large

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i generally try to stay out of the DCP medical analysis and expertise discussion except for occasional snide remarks, and i normally don't say a lot in general when it comes to COVID, but the schools reopening does concern me greatly. i have a 3rd grader to be and i am married to a teacher. say one of them is positive. then a whole class gets shuts down...and their families, and maybe anyone they came into contact with. possibly bus drivers, school admin and other workers and aides..and other kids. getting elementary kids to distance and keep masks on all day? yeah, good ####### luck with that, especially if the kid is on the spectrum. 

i get the pros of kids being in school....my kid is among the few i know that actually thrived with the virtual stuff. I know for many kids it's their safe space and a place to get needed services. But one kid getting it and God forbid getting seriously ill...oh jesus. the damage to other kids, and teachers. same thing if a teacher gets it. i remember in 7th grade my history teacher died suddenly...we were a mess for a week. Now imagine elementary kids. i feel bad for administrators, no matter what they do, people will trash them and get all political, plus politicians on top of that. Oh and good luck finding subs, there's already a shortage

but since we as a selfish ######## nation couldn't come up with a unified cohesive non politically driven strategy from day, we are doomed to force things that will just make it worse. schools are petri dishes of germs to begin with. This pushing to repoen is just a disaster waiting to happen, and i guarantee, if something were to happen to my kid of wife, anti ######## pushing their political "open up who cares if they die" ######## is going to regret ever meeting me

Someday - maybe this fall, maybe when the vaccine comes, maybe ten years after the vaccine proves out - your schools are going to reopen.  Regardless of how/when they reopen, no one will be forcing your wife or child to return to those schools.  Everyone has the right to opt out.

As far as "disaster waiting to happen", which is safer?

- A school reopening predicated upon mandatory and frequent testing headlining the long list of precautions

- The status quo of mostly unsupervised pool parties and random activities among people with zero access to testing

I noticed you did not mention testing in your post.  If your school district is not including that in their plans, then you should absolutely raise #### over that ########.

48 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Maybe the ones who don't want to wear a mask are the ones who should be in lockdown to protect others. Finally Walmart and Sams club just said no mask no entry

We have state mandating masks in public but when teenagers have to enforce and some of the offenders look psychotic or itching for a bar fight.....

• Like 1

Just read local article on delays in test results. Spikes down south really nailing the national labs and seeing a week or so until results come back. So if you think you have it go to a local health provider that does their own testing and doesn’t rely on the big chain labs.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I was at a meeting last night where the Superintendent of the local school system gave a presentation of their plans to reopen

K-8 schools.

High school kids go to regional high school.

Ha said last Spring showed that there's no question  "in person'"  learning is superior to on-line.

He said  a number of parents have called the results of the on-line learning "regressive",

not progressive.

They are currently working on a  couple of options to reopen schools.

Right now,this seems the preferred approach:

They are planning on having in person learning 2-3 days a week,to start.

One day a week would "float".

They're going to "grab and go" breakfast and lunch.

They're also adjusting the school day to end with kids taking lunch home.

Classrooms would be set up to Socially Distance and be cleaned to exceed all CDC

criteria.

He  stressed that there haven't been any objections to reopening.

But,instead,a lot encouragement,especially from parents.

in my region ( which goes into NJ, DE and MD, there's a lot of opposition. parents to a point, but a lot from teachers who basically feel they are being thrown to the wolves.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

in my region ( which goes into NJ, DE and MD, there's a lot of opposition. parents to a point, but a lot from teachers who basically feel they are being thrown to the wolves.

Don’t have the heart to ask my sister in law at Halifax. Her hubby has had major health issues and is under her work health insurance. She was going to work until he could get under MediCare as they couldn’t afford their own health insurance with his history. Now does she retire and eat spaghetti (cheap eats) until he goes under MediCare or work at the school and hope to hell she doesn’t carry anything back to his immune system.

edit: this is my late wife’s sister so REALLY don’t have the heart to ask.... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

From what was said at the meeting last night,right now there hasn't been much in the way of comment from the teachers or their Union.

They may be waiting  for more specific details  on what plan the district decides to go with.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Who is gaslighting whom here?

You have it exactly backwards.  [...]

No, that is not what I said.  [...]

No, that is not what I said either.  [...]

You even misquote your own sources.  [...]

You also misreport other things here [...]

Yes, it matters.[...]

Maybe they do have meetings about rainbows.