DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

On 2/15/2021 at 2:54 PM, skevinp said:

There was no hidden message there.  It was just an attempt to build on the levity of your post with some exquisitely bad puns.    I’m sorry if you found it offensive in any way.  

Honestly, we could all use a good fearleader squad right now.  I worry that people are starting to relax when we aren’t out of the woods yet. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't offended - I didn't know if I had crossed a line or not.  

12 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Guess he doesn't share his confidence either.  Just saw where he's moving the goalpost to end of May or June.

On my way to work this morning I heard a clip from Last night's Town Hall.

President Biden moved the goal post to the end of July.

42 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Thanks for the updates folks. Personally I’d rather we be told when things change instead of being kept in the dark or talk like everything is going as expected. Even with the vaccine there are a lot of unknowns and road bumps to come. The European strain comes to mind. I remember being told by someone that Covid would never change or mutate... oops..

Edited by JimF-LowBari

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks for the updates folks. Personally I’d rather we be told when things change instead of being kept in the dark or talk like everything is going as expected. Even with the vaccine there are a lot of unknowns and road bumps to come. The European strain comes to mind. I remember being told by someone that Covid would never change or mutate... oops..

One thing that I've been wondering, isn't it true that the virus mutated right after it started to spread?  I remember seeing reports about how testing could reveal the origin of the virus and it was determined that the main source of infections in New York was Europe.

Then again, maybe I'm just drowning in science from the past year and I'm mixing things up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Dr. Fauci moved it as well.  In his interview he stated that it was due to the fact that J&J had to push their delivery date a couple of months.   Also, a new term has been introduced: not enough "vaccinators" or the folks giving the injection. 🙄😷🤓 

10 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Dr. Fauci moved it as well.  In his interview he stated that it was due to the fact that J&J had to push their delivery date a couple of months.   Also, a new term has been introduced: not enough "vaccinators" or the folks giving the injection. 🙄😷🤓 

Have heard the not enough people giving injections also. The way medical staff has been hit and stretched thin it’s no surprise. Makes me wonder when I see pharmacy chains saying they will give vaccinations. Where do they get enough help and how do they make sure no one jumps the line 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have heard the not enough people giving injections also. The way medical staff has been hit and stretched thin it’s no surprise. Makes me wonder when I see pharmacy chains saying they will give vaccinations. Where do they get enough help and how do they make sure no one jumps the line 

Medical schools here have had their students pulled in to assist.  The daughter of a friend of mine is working in the emergency ward at a local hospital now.   There are not enough accolades to give to these people. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

52 minutes ago, Continental said:

Medical schools here have had their students pulled in to assist.  The daughter of a friend of mine is working in the emergency ward at a local hospital now.   There are not enough accolades to give to these people. 

Eldest daughter (orthopedic nurse- practitioner) volunteers several days a week with County health dep't giving the injections.  It is quite the setup - there are 2 people checking in patients, 2 giving injections, 1 keeping logistics straight, 1-2 running around helping where needed.  & 3 EMTs in case someone has bad reaction (none so far when she has been there).

BUT, since thread this is supposed to be about Varsity bringing Drum Corps into its Evil Empire, maybe Varsity could set up vaccination stations at their Atlanta cheerleading event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1