East Coast Showcase - Quincy MA August 3 Show Thread

4 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

. Shows like this remind me of why I'm not a huge fan of bloo lately. Too many gimmicks, props and tacky unis. I wish they would go back to the identity of the late 00s but oh well

I'm sorta in agreement with you on the over the top Broadway-like things they present, but man oh man, what a terrific sound. Bravo Bloo. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It’s pretty quiet on here … is that a good thing?

I wish I hadn’t seen the 2019 Bloo because I find myself making a comparison contrast. I’ll have to see it again to decide. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Interestingly, most of the corps this summer are doing throwback kinds of shows (which I am loving), but Bluecoats, Boston, and Spirit of Atlanta definitely have a more modern vibe to them. 

Blue Stars do as well, IMO. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

They have a tough act to follow. Shows like this remind me of why I'm not a huge fan of bloo lately. Too many gimmicks, props and tacky unis. I wish they would go back to the identity of the late 00s but oh well

Been in love with Bloo since Tilt. (Well, before then too). They’ve been pushing the activity and upping the entertainment factor like no other. For me, at least. 
They never disappoint 💙

• Like 4

Eat 'em Up BOSTON !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4