BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

15 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

I might be one of the few people who puts 2011 as their best show of the 2010-2019 decade. 

In particular, the opener and closer/reprise of House is not a Home at the end.  I can listen to that all day. 

That said, I really like when BD plays the music of one artist for a show. Whether thats Burt Bacharach, Bernard Herrman, Don Ellis/ (with a mix of Hank Levy), Chick Corea, The Who, etc. Those shows have all been some of their most entertaining to me.  

So as a request, I would love for them to do a Sergio Mendes show. Include Brazil 66's Mas Que Nada through solo years and later pieces like Maghelena,  (and others from his Brasileiro album).  

One can wish. 

Anyhow, looking forward to whatever it is they put on the field this year and best of luck to another championship year. Really looking forward to seeing them live in Denver at DATR this summer.  

Ah yes BD 2011. That was a crazy year. I remember BD starting the year 4th-5th place and staying there thru the first few weeks. Some people predicting here on DCP they would finish the year 6th or 7th as they wrapped up the Texas shows. LMAO.

Then BD got their sea legs underneath them and they started to catch fire mid-July, pulled into the rearview mirror of the Cavies by San Antonio, who was nearly two pointing the field............then came Atlanta.............fasten your seatbelt...................

BD beats Cadets, and DCP had a meltdown of biblical proportions. Boy it was entertaining being here laughing at grown adults freaking out over some shows performed by 18-19 year olds lol.

I could picture BD being announced first in Atlanta, and the majority of DCP was in their living rooms punching the air like Cuba Gooding Jr (Boyz in the Hood reference for you young folks). LOL.

I am here to tell you, DCP is way more exciting when BD is on top. 

And in the end BD took a well-deserved silver medal. But with the way BD started the season so slowly coming out the gate, 2011 will always stand out. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Ah yes BD 2011. That was a crazy year. I remember BD starting the year 4th-5th place and staying there thru the first few weeks. Some people predicting here on DCP they would finish the year 6th or 7th as they wrapped up the Texas shows. LMAO.

Then BD got their sea legs underneath them and they started to catch fire mid-July, pulled into the rearview mirror of the Cavies by San Antonio, who was nearly two pointing the field............then came Atlanta.............fasten your seatbelt...................

BD beats Cadets, and DCP had a meltdown of biblical proportions. Boy it was entertaining being here laughing at grown adults freaking out over some shows performed by 18-19 year olds lol.

I could picture BD being announced first in Atlanta, and the majority of DCP was in their living rooms punching the air like Cuba Gooding Jr (Boyz in the Hood reference for you young folks). LOL.

I am here to tell you, DCP is way more exciting when BD is on top. 

And in the end BD took a well-deserved silver medal. But with the way BD started the season so slowly coming out the gate, 2011 will always stand out. 

It’s funny … most of my favorite corps are Blue. Maybe it’s my eye color.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Late 70s Caballeros also played this. One guy started singing the Rice Krispies song…. while the corps was playing it on the field. 🤭

Just love the “my mother in law” bit

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just random thought here. I'd love to see BD grey pants make a comback. I really love those 1988 unis, those grey pants are smoking and just look so good. Please BD, i'm sending this out in the universe hopefully. Maybe they could try another color aswell, i don't know what colors they would pick but i'm sure they would look good.

BD Have some of my favorite unis in the history of DCI.

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Just random thought here. I'd love to see BD grey pants make a comback. I really love those 1988 unis, those grey pants are smoking and just look so good. Please BD, i'm sending this out in the universe hopefully. Maybe they could try another color aswell, i don't know what colors they would pick but i'm sure they would look good.

BD Have some of my favorite unis in the history of DCI.

Grey pants...........yes.

But if BD brings back any uniform, i think their 2014-2015 uniforms are among the best ever. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Grey pants...........yes.

But if BD brings back any uniform, i think their 2014-2015 uniforms are among the best ever. 

I agree, but I really like some of the classic unis..

BD is with a new uniform manufacturer this year so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a fresh look this summer. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, crownisking said:

BD is with a new uniform manufacturer this year so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a fresh look this summer. 

Did they switch to Varsity Spirit for their cheer "skorts" in dovetail gray?  (sorry)  :spitting:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Did they switch to Varsity Spirit for their cheer "skorts" in dovetail gray?  (sorry)  :spitting:   

Stanbury Uniform, brought to you by (you guessed it) Varsity 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1