BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

A BD 2022 treatment of "Pagliacci" might not be a bad thing...:babies: 

Maynard Ferguson (screamer) version? 
Know my sense of humor is twisted but makes me think of Spike Jones version “Pal Yatchee” with country comedians Homer and Jethro.

”thought it’d be a western til the stage lit up with lights. And 97 people sung without a horse in sight “ 😨

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maynard Ferguson (screamer) version? 
Know my sense of humor is twisted but makes me think of Spike Jones version “Pal Yatchee” with country comedians Homer and Jethro.

”thought it’d be a western til the stage lit up with lights. And 97 people sung without a horse in sight “ 😨

It wouldn’t be the first time they have ventured into Spike Jones territory (e.g., Laura 2010).  I used to love” The laugh…” line when I was a kid.

• Haha 1

It refreshing that the Devils so far do not have the torture of kids surrounding them. 

But system blue did employee a serial abuser and alcoholic. I thing more than just little ole me knows that. 

• Like 3

On 3/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, keystone3ply said:

A BD 2022 treatment of "Pagliacci" might not be a bad thing...:babies: 

I'd like to hear and see that.  There's nothing i wouldn't want the Devils to do.

• Like 1

I definitely expect the Blue Devils to innovate a good bit this year. I think having 2 years off will inspire them to bring something new and fresh to the field. Obviously I expect them to be the favorites for the DCI title, but more importantly I think they will be working hard to bring something new to the field. Maybe that something new will come in the form of something old but reworked. I am definitely looking forward to seeing them. Always a big fan, and their 1982 show is still one of my all-time favorite shows, but I have really enjoyed some of their recent shows like 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 (love this show), 2016, 2017 (big props for this one too), and 2019. Though I was rooting for Bluecoats to win in 2019 I just can't deny how amazing that BD show was. Yes, they've had 2 years off but I still expect a top-tier corps and program from them in 2022. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, WilsonStaff said:

It refreshing that the Devils so far do not have the torture of kids surrounding them. 

But system blue did employee a serial abuser and alcoholic. I thing more than just little ole me knows that. 

insert Sgt Schultz gifs here

• Haha 2

On 3/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, WilsonStaff said:

That carnival barker is finally gone. Hopefully forever! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I might be one of the few people who puts 2011 as their best show of the 2010-2019 decade. 

In particular, the opener and closer/reprise of House is not a Home at the end.  I can listen to that all day. 

That said, I really like when BD plays the music of one artist for a show. Whether thats Burt Bacharach, Bernard Herrman, Don Ellis/ (with a mix of Hank Levy), Chick Corea, The Who, etc. Those shows have all been some of their most entertaining to me.  

So as a request, I would love for them to do a Sergio Mendes show. Include Brazil 66's Mas Que Nada through solo years and later pieces like Maghelena,  (and others from his Brasileiro album).  

One can wish. 

Anyhow, looking forward to whatever it is they put on the field this year and best of luck to another championship year. Really looking forward to seeing them live in Denver at DATR this summer.  

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

I might be one of the few people who puts 2011 as their best show of the 2010-2019 decade. 

In particular, the opener and closer/reprise of House is not a Home at the end.  I can listen to that all day. 

That said, I really like when BD plays the music of one artist for a show. Whether thats Burt Bacharach, Bernard Herrman, Don Ellis/ (with a mix of Hank Levy), Chick Corea, The Who, etc. Those shows have all been some of their most entertaining to me.  

So as a request, I would love for them to do a Sergio Mendes show. Include Brazil 66's Mas Que Nada through solo years and later pieces like Maghelena,  (and others from his Brasileiro album).  

One can wish. 

Anyhow, looking forward to whatever it is they put on the field this year and best of luck to another championship year. Really looking forward to seeing them live in Denver at DATR this summer.  

It’s funny you mention that because a whole bunch of my favorite shows are from years BD took the silver medal.

EDIT: just read over my comment and I can see how that can be interpreted as a shot towards BD. I meant nothing of the sort. I was trying to say that many of my favorite recent BD shows are from year’s they happened to place second. 

Edited by crownisking