BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

50 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yeah.. i hope they do resolve it sooner than later. They always make some changes so lets see.

Wait…you’re talking about the very last chord that resolves the previous chord?

2 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Wait…you’re talking about the very last chord that resolves the previous chord?

In the opener, not the closer. The opener does not have a resolving chord 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

In the opener, not the closer. The opener does not have a resolving chord 

Ahh, I was so confused!

I love the unresolved chord. It gets me hyped up and ready to go for the rest of the show!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Ahh, I was so confused!

I love the unresolved chord. It gets me hyped up and ready to go for the rest of the show!

I guess perspective is the key point of view and reception. I think i might come off a little flip-flopping But It doesn't bother me either but i see what Cappybara is talking about.

44 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Ahh, I was so confused!

Yeah I actually love it. I see what people mean, but I love the way they resolve this moment with that big sweeping wave of movement in the hornline, rather than a resolving chord. It releases the tension of the unresolved chord in a visual way, but musically, we wind up feeling like the first movement/opener doesn’t truly “resolve” until Moon River starts. (Another classic show that leaves us hanging with an unresolved chord in the opener in a great way, IMO, is Frameworks.)  

That’s one thing I like about BD — they make such a big production out of everything lol. You don’t just get an “opener” — you get a whole prologue, THEN an opener. It makes every show feel like a full meal. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 6:58 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

the fan cams have been sooooo much better than flo for this show

but BD has gotten mighty fast at getting them taken down! 

They've also been taking down a lot of baking recipes. I would make sure to "write" them down before they are taken down. I wouldn't want you to miss out on great baking recipes. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jaylogan said:

Ahh, I was so confused!

I agree! I LOVE the unresolved chord. Flat 5ths need some love too! 

Edited by Rylan
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 2:42 AM, DWW11 said:

Maybe we aren’t getting the jacket and shako after all?  Maybe they were just a red herring to throw us off. Or maybe none of them fit and they haven’t finished tailoring them?  Regardless, they don’t need them. They are gorgeous as they are. They DO glimmer like water. Very effective on the field. And yeah, i would have bet real money that we had only seen practice flags. Scott would never have overlooked a critical detail like yellow flags in a production about the color blue!

They just debuted their jackets today at Family Day! They wore them for a total of 15 seconds but I figure that’s just a temporary thing until they figure out another way to take them off. Maybe? 

No shakos and plumes yet. 

As for the show, more changes! And definitely even better in person! 

There may or may not be a recent video of it online somewhere. 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rylan said:

They just debuted their jackets today at Family Day! They wore them for a total of 15 seconds but I figure that’s just a temporary thing until they figure out another way to take them off. Maybe? 

No shakos and plumes yet. 

As for the show, more changes! And definitely even better in person! 

There may or may not be a recent video of it online somewhere. 😉

The way they take off the uniforms is too effective not to be temporary, in my thinking. Very nice performance!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jaylogan said:

The way they take off the uniforms is too effective not to be temporary, in my thinking. Very nice performance!

wow yeah I love it! 

Even more effective than how they come off is how quickly they completely disappear — kinda magical. Funny how this one effect makes them look 150% more confident right out of the gate.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3