Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

7 hours ago, B-Flat said:

This is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Agreed. 

Really liking the demand of drill, demand of challenging music on the move,  and them doing it effortlessly. I anticipate what additions they may add to that drill and musical demand, in the coming weeks as they finish their show. 

IDK, is it OK to say I still like demand of music and drill, more then I like staging and emphasis on props in 2022? Or does the drum corps version of the Progressive Guy who helps people not become their parents, need to accompany me to DATR this year to help?  : ) 

All things considered and joking aside…Looking forward to seeing this live when I’m in San Antonio. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 2

Also, regarding the app….Marvelous idea on integrating tech into a show. Really looking forward to seeing a view of the crowd using it at largely attended regionals, as well as the corps Finals night performance. 

And there couldn’t be a more perfect time to introduce a QR code leading to an app, to encourage crowd integration within a show. Whether one knew what a QR code was, pre peak of COVID, or not- We of course learned a bit more about them with the  “paperless everything” atmosphere we were in. 

Edited by Dmlkmen

9 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

This group of performers is awesome. There is no doubt about it.

But the show itself seems very odd to me. It’s not a pacing thing…but it almost feels too long, and im not talking about actual minutes. Like they’re playing different music, but it also feels like the same music. Impact moments don’t seem big enough maybe (except for the ballad the Benedictus is great). Might need a few more reads from flo.

The theme is okay, not wild about it by any stretch but looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

I respect your opinion but this feels like kind of a reach, TBH. And I’m not one of those homers that gets offended anytime anyone says anything negative about Crown. I’ve been fairly vocal with my criticisms in the past. But this almost feels like finding something to be critical about just for the sake of it.

7 hours ago, charlie1223 said:

For someone who hasn’t experienced it you sure like to be a grump about it. Plenty of people on Facebook (and Reddit) had positive experiences but you don’t seem to want to highlight those Huh? Even news editor here experienced it and said how cool it was but you’re making it seem like 2 people is all the feedback that was given. Just because you want Crown and the app to fail doesn’t mean you have to constantly spout your objection every post lol. 

What a weird comment, where did I say I want Crown to fail? Every single one of my criticisms has been about the app, I’ve had nothing but good things to say about what I’ve seen and heard of the corps so far. I’m quite literally planning on driving a couple hours to watch their rehearsal tomorrow because of my interest in their show. Yes, I do think the app idea sucks and I’ll voice it because it’s a public forum but if you interpret that as me wanting the corps to fail, we’re gonna need to work on that reading comprehension of yours. 

It’s a miracle this activity has even survived through COVID, anyone who truly wants a particular corps to fail isn’t a fan of drum corps at all

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

If I am not mistaken, did SCV play this piece as their  ballad a few years back in their  Devil’s Staircase show? ( I remember it as The Eternal Knot). 

It is a beautiful piece and one of my favorites. Definitely  looking forward to hearing it in Crown’s show this year. 

Heard it A TON in the high school world as of late. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What a weird comment, where did I say I want Crown to fail? Every single one of my criticisms has been about the app, I’ve had nothing but good things to say about what I’ve seen and heard of the corps so far. I’m quite literally planning on driving a couple hours to watch their rehearsal tomorrow because of my interest in their show. Yes, I do think the app idea sucks and I’ll voice it because it’s a public forum but if you interpret that as me wanting the corps to fail, we’re gonna need to work on that reading comprehension of yours. 

It’s a miracle this activity has even survived through COVID, anyone who truly wants a particular corps to fail isn’t a fan of drum corps at all

The app is a part of Crown’s of production. They are trying something new and different and you tare it down in a very biased way. I just think you can stand to be less critical and negative towards the app since you haven’t experienced it and bringing down the entire vibe of the hype around the show. 

give it a rest or highlight all the comments on Facebook and Reddit that also have positive reviews of the app instead of just the “mine didn’t work” comments. 

Edited by charlie1223

Gotta love Crown giving us something new to bicker about 😝 And here we were worried about woodwinds….

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

The app is a part of Crown’s of production. They are trying something new and different and you tare it down in a very biased way. I just think you can stand to be less critical and negative towards the app since you haven’t experienced it and bringing down the entire vibe of the hype around the show. 

give it a rest or highlight all the comments on Facebook and Reddit that also have positive Glowing reviews of the apps instead of just the “mine didn’t work” comments. So biased! 

I am sorry for killing your “vibe” (insert Kendrick Lamar here) and giving you the impression that I am “tare”ing down the production.

I will be sure to give you my full review on the app tomorrow evening, Mr. Charlie1223

:lle: