Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

23 hours ago, crownisking said:

Whoever the woman doing the voiceover is, I feel confident that she really is British and not just a talented American voice actor. If you listen closely to how she pronounces the “Carolina” in Carolina Crown, you can tell it’s a word she’s not used to saying. 

I'm not crazy about voiceovers but she is really great. I'm not sure how well the attempts to get the audience to participate are going to go.

My favorite thing about this show is the guard though. As much as I love their brass, their guard is so good. I love the unis and the work.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 2:54 PM, crownisking said:

Whoever the woman doing the voiceover is, I feel confident that she really is British and not just a talented American voice actor. If you listen closely to how she pronounces the “Carolina” in Carolina Crown, you can tell it’s a word she’s not used to saying. 

It seems like she has an Indian English accent, no?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:54 AM, crownisking said:

If you listen closely to how she pronounces the “Carolina” in Carolina Crown, you can tell it’s a word she’s not used to saying. 

Which is funny, considering it is likely named after King Charles…of England.

36 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I haven't heard the voice yet.  But it is possible they are using the software where you type in the text and select the voice to reproduce what you are looking for, which is imo pretty cool technology.

2 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

What is an Indian English accent? 

• Like 1

Just threw the dice, and enlisted with the Flow Show. Would prefer an a la carte offering, but it might prove to be a worthwhile investment this season

Unusually amped to see Crown prior to the annual pilgrimage to  NightBEAT, especially with all the speculation/prognosticating after Tues. night’s preview show.

Good luck to all tonight🥁🎺!!!

• Like 4

On 6/30/2022 at 2:50 PM, Continental said:

The woman's voice at the intro to Crown's show, sounds like this person.  75% of the people on here will not know who she is. 

147136.jpg

5 hours ago, craiga said:

I haven't heard the voice yet.  But it is possible they are using the software where you type in the text and select the voice to reproduce what you are looking for, which is imo pretty cool technology.

Nope. The original guess was correct.

While Juliet Mills was remembered most for the early 70’s, short lived family sitcom “Nanny and the Professor,” she has had a long career in film and television, including voice over work.

And unknown to most until this year, a huge Crown fan.

Who knew?!

• Haha 1