Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

On 10/30/2021 at 8:57 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Imagine thinking some fat guy who can play high notes was that important. 

had you seen them the previous 6/7 years or so?

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is part of a pattern.  SCV has had new directors almost annually.   In hindsight that was what is called a ‘clue’. 

Yeah, red flags abound. I also found it interesting that they shared the commonality of RCA being director at both organizations just before they tanked. Honestly, she couldn't have been equipped to deal with whatever was going on at SCV, financially. I mainly questioned the hire in '21 because of the Shadow abuse scandal that happened under her watch, and how SCV's board thought hiring her would end well. 

It's weird.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is part of a pattern.  SCV has had new directors almost annually.   In hindsight that was what is called a ‘clue’. 

I don’t want to place all the blame on her because this was probably well into the works fifteen months ago. Although it is curious how Shadow, her former gig, has shut down operations permanently. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t want to place all the blame on her because this was probably well into the works fifteen months ago. Although it is curious how Shadow, her former gig, has shut down operations permanently. 

Not only on her, but the annual revolving door at SCV director office wasn’t good. She just happened to be the last one in it before her replacement threw in the towel.  

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 10:26 PM, Jeff Ream said:

well, many of us said that when a now former director relocated to the west coast

On 10/13/2021 at 10:09 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

‘Protect the Image’’ is what YEA board attempted when the Hopacolypse became public - backfired pretty quick.  Pioneer & Troopers did same- they delayed the backfires but it still happened.  Crossmen hired Internet professionals to purge image damaging info from the internet. 

What I wonder is how many Corps have successfully ‘Protected the Image’, while  leaving young marching members with damaged mental health (or worse) that will take years to decades to overcome?

But, at least they ‘Protected the Image’.  <<sarcasm>>

Expand  

The sad thing is that today may be the “at least things are better days.” Most people I know who marched had wonderful, life changing experiences. I also know of people who have told stories of verbal abuse, bullying, degrading comments, fighting off unwanted advances, and cliques. Often there was unfair treatment of superstars. One corps  I know of had zero tolerance for drug use and sent people home if they were caught using drugs, except a soloist who was often stoned during performances. If you complained about things and were valued by the corps, something was done about it, otherwise you had to toughen up. Sometimes these situations are not as they seem, no question, but too often they are as bad or worse.

Last quote was @Tim K

giphy.gif

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 2:41 PM, Brian Tuma said:

From what I’ve been told, it started a long time ago.  Something sketchy with the bingo operation.  Allegedly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When RCA was hired, I know several folks tried raising concerns and were dismissed as being sexist.  

Being director of two corps, one of which is no longer around and the other one is "inactive" sure raises many, many questions.  

Folks might forget, but after the 22 tour, RCA "accepted" another position at SCV as Director of Program Management where she was going to focus on "strategic planning, infrastructure improvement, and administrative operations" Considering SCV has stated these are the reasons SCV is inactive this year, it seems like another BAD decision. She only lasted a few months in that role.  YIKES.

No single person is to blame, for sure, but there is a lot of bad energy around RCA.  She failed so many times.

• Like 1