Bonfiglio/27th dispute

21 hours ago, Patte Blake said:

I would Love to.  Ask away? Yes 

I have no dog in this hunt, but why did you feel it was necessary to cancel your reunion and thus incur a $30K loss when it was scheduled a month before Denise's reunion?  

I hope your family can someday reconcile as life is short.

Edited by greg_orangecounty
My friend told me this really is Patte
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Last night I posted something about people pulling ye olde “you only think that because you don’t like them” and used GH as an example. 
Next thing I being accused of comparing this mess to GHs mess. 😫

almost makes me miss Brasso

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m sorry … maybe I missed it. Was there an argument won? Can you help a bro out and concisely tell me what the argument was that was won and who was the winner, and why did the winner win, and finally, what exactly did they win?

i won a week long sinus headache since we go from 30 to 60 to 30 and back every few days

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

almost makes me miss Brasso

I actually do miss BRASSO. He could be ferociously tedious, but he knew his ####.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I actually do miss BRASSO. He could be ferociously tedious, but he knew his ####.

He’s a great guy.  We’ve had lunch with him and a nice friend of his down here in Floriduh.  We had breakfast with him and his lovely wife in Naples in November.  He’s also a Facebook friend. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

12 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I have no dog in this hunt, but why did "you" feel it was necessary to cancel your reunion and thus incur a $30K loss when it was scheduled a month before Denise's reunion?  

And assuming you really are the person your user name infers, I hope your family can someday reconcile as life is short.

Nor do I but could we get a "30 for 30" version to help us understand?  Or maybe in the style of "Dateline" or "20/20"?  I'm more of a 'visual learner' with charts & graphs plus a smooth voice.  🧐😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Everyone … please meet Patte Bonfiglio Blake. As far as I am concerned, she is an angel.   Before I flew home hours after 1979 Finals, she gave me my medallion and Finals patch while standing in the diesel fumes of our two remaining busses. I will never forget the moment. 

Hi Patte! 

On 2/16/2022 at 6:48 PM, BitterDCIFan said:

Where did Denise take additional actions? Her name is not on the letters that were posted earlier. She did not solicit and is not aware of the actions by the people to support her and her sister. The letter was vetted by several attorneys that practice non-profit law, Denise is not, or, was not aware of the letter.

On the back of the letter, was Denise's response to her sister's bragging (to a private FB group), bragging how they won the appeal. And it was not because she wanted to sue - she sued because her father, told her and her alone to save the corps name. Does anyone believe that in his last hours on earth, as he spoke to each child privately, the he picked Patty and told her to save the name? Denise responded on the foundation page to inform the supporters of the foundation what had been happening for the past 4 years. It was apparently kept from the supporters, some of which were or are friends with the entire family.

The jury awarded compensation for violating the injunction to not use the name 27th Lancers, of about $5000. The judge took it upon herself to award almost $30,000 for a hotel contract for a reunion in 2017 that was never held. The judge looked at the contract and said yes with no proof of ever having paid the hotel a penny. Patty tried to host a celebration, but everyone abandoned her and she had no choice but to cancel. She never paid the hotel a penny. And there is about $58000 in legal fees. Add in, accrued interest that started the day the first judgment was handed down, plus a few years of non-contact, no court in session time, plus interest accruing during the appeal time - you have over $100,000. 

None of this should have happened Jim.  You should know, after all.  If you’re concerns are Valid and actually CARE about George and Patsy and EVERYTHING they sacrificed for the Children they Loved and the Corps they Created, WHY WOULD YOU BE SO VICIOUS here    Why not take the High road instead of spewing venom here.  

• Like 1

The horse is dead. Let it remain dead with dignity rather than displaying the bones at the county fair and charging a dollar to take a look.  All of you, on both sides. Let it go. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 6