Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

2 minutes ago, ContraBugle said:

I just figured spirit would've spoken by now

When they do, it will be VERY measured. As you I'm certain already know, the alumni base is really starting to gather the lanterns pitch forks. People are REALLY angry and deservedly so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ContraBugle said:

The conflicting information about the assaulter is false. I will vouch for the OP. The police had zero involvement and there were no police at the housing site. When tour ended, several of the hornline members attacked the OP for the reputation of SOA and made lies. 

Irony is attacking someone for reporting abuse is worse for SoA reputation than anything else. 
Just thinking if I was choosing a corps:

Corps A had incident and ran the proper course to  stop it and try to keep it from reoccurring. 🤷🏻
Corps B: had an incident and members attacked the reporter. 👎(only because I don’t have a hand giving the one fingered salute)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

When they do, it will be VERY measured. As you I'm certain already know, the alumni base is really starting to gather the lanterns pitch forks. People are REALLY angry and deservedly so.

Question is: where is the anger directed… and hopefully not the reporter 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Question is: where is the anger directed… and hopefully not the reporter 

Absolutely not at the reporter. The anger is at the leadership structure for failing respond / act. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Absolutely not at the reporter. The anger is at the leadership structure for failing respond / act. 

Thanks for the clarification. I feel better now…. 

The corps has a horrible history of abuse. I was there in 19' and I truly didn't realize just how severe until the season ended. I hoped it would've changed by the time 21 rolled around and I gave them another chance, well long story short I shouldn't have. The OP did the right thing standing up and the anger should be at Spirit. They failed the whole corps. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks for the clarification. I feel better now…. 

Of course Jim. And let's be absolutely transparent. There are and will always be those vets who circle the wagons and do/say whatever to try to protect the corps from negative optics. Politics is alive and well in drum corps. But those few are not the majority. This is probably true in every corps that goes through this. 

• Like 1