Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s double-secret probation. 

It’s “still on the bus”….🤮

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Why would they even be allowed to continue in DCI when they can’t stop members from assault other members?  JHC, what’s the line in the sand here? 

So I wandered over to drum corps Reddit, and lo and behold, not to my surprise, there are a few apologists.  I’m so done with this. 

• Sad 2

Why wouldn't their probation be public information? Transparency is critical to accountability. Secret probations are garbage. Worthless. 

Edited by mingusmonk

1 minute ago, mingusmonk said:

Why wouldn't their probation be public information? Transparency is critical to accountability. Secret probations are garbage. Worthless. 

That’s the problem.  No transparency from the top on down. Remember how the ED of DCI evaded questions from Tricia Nadolny?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my rookie season (2004) a member of my section was physically assaulted in the gym by a group of vets after lights out. The next day, one of our staff “chewed out” the entire corps. But one statement in that speech has alway stood out: “If this were the real world, you would be in jail.”If this were the real world. Nothing has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s the problem.  No transparency from the top on down. Remember how the ED of DCI evaded questions from Tricia Nadolny?

Well DCI is the corps… Which is the biggest reason why this #### isn’t going to get better. Too busy making sure they dont hurt each other’s bu$iness.

• Like 1