THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Power of 10 was a great show until the uniform switch. the show was all about velocity, which white pants magnified. the switch to all black killed that effect. so much monkeying around with the visual, especially with the guard issues..it never grew like it could have after San Antonio

Perfectly stated.  

• Like 2

Really like the Cadets show this year. A great improvement and I think they are going in the right direction.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FTNK said:

“this”

The off-field experience needs to be good. 2019 had a lot of bad logistics BS from what I’ve gathered. 

I’m not wild about the show, but there’s nice moments, and it seems like members and fans alike are responding well to it. The feeling of secondhand embarassment (“cringe”) from the crowd I saw at Whitewater in 2019 was palpable. The members weren’t exactly in love with what they were given to perform, quite the opposite

Hold onto being in the top 12 and make the member experience consistently great. Then you can take on the 4-6 year project of becoming consistently top 6. 

agreed. rebuild the brand (without beating everyone over the head with the Brand). leaps like Boston had from 16 to 17 don't happen often. I know many expect instant contention, but this isn't the days of the Cadevaliers in the top 3 every year. 

the organization needs to be built in a way that makes kids that come want to stay, and start to attract top of the line talent and top staff. work ethic alone and over rehearsing won't cut it in todays activity. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FTNK said:

“this”

The off-field experience needs to be good. 2019 had a lot of bad logistics BS from what I’ve gathered. 

I’m not wild about the show, but there’s nice moments, and it seems like members and fans alike are responding well to it. The feeling of secondhand embarassment (“cringe”) from the crowd I saw at Whitewater in 2019 was palpable. The members weren’t exactly in love with what they were given to perform, quite the opposite

Hold onto being in the top 12 and make the member experience consistently great. Then you can take on the 4-6 year project of becoming consistently top 6. 

I think the 2020 season cancellation was a good thing for Cadets. The corps had the opportunity to reorganize without worrying about fielding a corps. It was brutal financially and difficult decisions had to be made, but it allowed for the 2021 show and the corps seems to be building on that experience in 2022.

I do not have inside connections with anyone associated with the Cadets to know the inside scoop, and I can only base what I say on observations, which honestly are limited to watching some warm ups and seeing marching members load and unload trucks, but the corps seems more organized and disciplined this year as if they have a purpose. I’m not saying that was absent in the past few years, but it was observable this year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think the 2020 season cancellation was a good thing for Cadets. The corps had the opportunity to reorganize without worrying about fielding a corps. It was brutal financially and difficult decisions had to be made, but it allowed for the 2021 show and the corps seems to be building on that experience in 2022.

I do not have inside connections with anyone associated with the Cadets to know the inside scoop, and I can only base what I say on observations, which honestly are limited to watching some warm ups and seeing marching members load and unload trucks, but the corps seems more organized and disciplined this year as if they have a purpose. I’m not saying that was absent in the past few years, but it was observable this year.

yup smooth-running machine for sure compared to 19 - that corps limped home, much more buttoned up EPL etc they did dress rehearsals for EPL, the corps touring with 3 Entertainers for all teaching and support staff to travel comfortably, much better nutritional program - it will all pay dividends down the road in retention etc.

9 hours ago, Barneveld said:

2 words........ Ron Lambert. 😉

Exactly! You can't be good on the field, if you don't tour right. Ron knows how to do that.

• Like 3