Diesel shortages?

Note to all, and won’t say why I’m posting this.

If any info I give out here is wrong or out of date, I do not mind being corrected. Spent my life and career seeing change all around and enjoy trying to keep up. Lol I’m easily bored so learning new things keeps life interesting. (One of the reasons I stayed in my field for 40 years… always changing 🤔).

As long as people inFORM and don’t inSULT

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re driving to Beaufort, SC tomorrow. I estimate it will cost twice as much for gasoline than it would have last year.  And I did something I’ve never done before.  I was at BJ’s for household supplies and the gasoline is about $.20 less there.  Despite having a nearly full tank, after I shopped, I topped off my tank with about 1 1/2 gallons of gas.  $6.38. 🤦‍♀️

no doubt it will be painful, but a quick check of the current prices where you might need to fill up along your way,  Buc-ee's in Daytona Beach is 4..75 and regular around Beaufort is 4.40..."not bad" 

It's not just the fuel, it's going to be everything else that requires said fuel.  Which is everything.  That extra prop semi truck is going to cost a pretty penny to drag around for score.  Going electric seems to be the meme but we simply don't have EV's (or even batteries or chips) much less a grid that can support it even if we could.  Hopefully we get some leaders that deal in realities and start dealing with energy policy or lack thereof.  Unfortunately it always takes mass suffering for anything to ever get done and I fear there are going to be people starving.  It's time for fantasy to give way to reality.

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

no doubt it will be painful, but a quick check of the current prices where you might need to fill up along your way,  Buc-ee's in Daytona Beach is 4..75 and regular around Beaufort is 4.40..."not bad" 

I’m going to try to avoid I-4 but I think I can hit up the Buc-ee’s in Jacksonville.  I’ve been to the one in Daytona.  That place is a trip. 😂 

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa- There's a Buck-ees that is not in Texas?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
speling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa- There's a Buck-ees that is not in Texas?

they built two in Florida that opened last year along I-95, Daytona Beach and Jacksonville

I live in Savannah and my step-son lives in Melbourne, FL, so I often make runs down the coast.

Buc-cee's in Daytona typically runs cheaper than the one in Saint Augustine (usually they try to be competitive with Sam's Club across the Street).

Around here, regular ranges between $4.09 to $4.69 today.

The best advise that I can give: plan your trip wisely and use the gasbuddy app. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ECJ94 said:

I live in Savannah and my step-son lives in Melbourne, FL, so I often make runs down the coast.

Buc-cee's in Daytona typically runs cheaper than the one in Saint Augustine (usually they try to be competitive with Sam's Club across the Street).

Around here, regular ranges between $4.09 to $4.69 today.

The best advise that I can give: plan your trip wisely and use the gasbuddy app. 

I use GasBuddy, too.   I’m coming from the west coast so I’m trying to avoid I-4. 😬