DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

Musically, Blue Stars show seems a bit schizophrenic.  

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

The consensus is we liked the Blue Stars production and costumes, but percussion is noticeably weak, and we’re not drummers. Music might not be for everyone. Visual transitions are abrupt. Won’t overtake Mandarins. 

Not right now.  I think they could give Mandarins a tough run by August though. There's just as much density to their show as Mandarins just not as compacted. Blue Stars are using more of the field and have more drill going on throughout.  Mandarins are cleaner now though so...yeah I think these two will be gunning with each other.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheAngryBavarian said:

Not watching, are Phantom ahead of Blue Stars in anything besides hornline volume?

They're different types of shows. I'd say they're in the same neighborhood. Also, I'd guess they're a little ahead of Mandarins. The hornline and guard for Blue Stars are really good.

Mandarins brass sound is a little edgier, but their percussion is good. Also, their guard is pretty fantastic too.

Can't wait for BK to join this grouping too.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Blue Stars - massive sound and field coverage.  Varied and soft color pallette. Focus is a bit rough with all the prop movement and field coverage.  Guard is always spectacular. Looks like the drill demand has been toned down.  Clean up focus on story you are trying to tell more than anything.

• Like 2

Go Ashley!

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Can you at least name one thing musically or visually they did well maybe? 

I’m struggling, I have to tell ya. I hate being negative, but balance, visual and guard need a lot of work. I don’t usually come down this hard on anyone. I guess I can say the concept can grow. 

Eat em up boston!!!!!!!! 

• Like 4