Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

1 minute ago, ye olde sop said:

I wish the horns would play and march at the same time more.  Too much standing and playing.

I felt like they moved a LOT, honestly — beyond the park and blow in the ballad and the standstill features in the beginning, it honestly felt like the hornline didn’t stop moving to me 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OMG, I thought BD was awesome, especially considering this was their first show.  That brass section and guard were on fire.  I do not know enough about percussion to say anything except it sounded and looked cool.  I appreciated the uniforms of both the guard and the corps proper.  This is going to be a monster of a show by August.  Now, I cannot wait to see the corps from the mid west and east.  It should be a great year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ye olde sop said:

I wish the horns would play and march at the same time more.  Too much standing and playing.

You mean what everybody does.

• Thanks 1

Just now, greg_orangecounty said:

It's still true.

East is nice, but West is BEST!

Give it to Concord now.  No one's going to touch them.

With bluecoats Crown Boston cavaliers waiting  in the wings  you’re calling it already? 
The season just started my friend 😊

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That’s a showstopper by finals. Intonation issues to work out 

I do like the music book, I do like how it doesn’t always have that characteristic sound and feel that BD always does(Carnival of Venice?? I picture crown playing that at first thought haha mellos going HAM and carrying so much responsibility in their show was unexpected) their percussion is still super distinct and nearly unrivaled. A little bit of intonation issues to work out, but why is that something anyone should be worried about in June, I haven’t heard anything from the easterlies yet, can’t wait for of all them! BD they can definitely work themselves up to a brass title/top 3 contention. If they’re trending towards second or first in that category after they’ve all gathered in the big shows later in July, it is indeed over🤐

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

you mean in the drumline specifically? or are you mixing scott johnson with scott chandler (the creative director who deeeeeefinitely has ticks/a formula)

Your right.....sorry I am 4 cocktails in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1