Western Corps Connection

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm I wonder if the ambient noise cancellation on iPhones has become good enough that they’re now considered an adequate replacement for a traditional tape recorder. I imagine it’s much easier to export those files from an iPhone too

I'd say they are way better. I know of a person that took video from the stands at finals a few times, and the sound was better then FloMarching, and almost as good as the official recordings. Wouldn't surprise me. I do believe the tapes and such are a cloud based platform. 

7 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

So far, Vanguard is not bringing the emotion and feel to the field with this program. In 2018, they had it from day one. Hopefully, some big changes will remedy that. 

Love the performance level and such, but the program really looks and feels like Babylon 3. The 2019 production had that similar vibe, and maybe they're just adopting that persona permanently, but it felt a bit stale in terms of concept. As with most of the top groups, they'll figure it all out and have everything dialed in...but they missed an opportunity to assume the alpha spot. Seems they're playing catch-up at this point, and BD have the attention of the younger crowd. You could feel the energy level of the kids in the stands from SCV to BD. BD is the trendy choice, at least at the moment. Good job capturing a bit of the pop culture vibe.

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Judges record their comments into an app, which staff can then access directly and listen to on their own phones. So no more trying to hunt down a plastic bag full of cassette tapes and no more trying to find a tape recorder to n listen to them.   It is been like this for at least a decade, btw.  (Although EVERYONE still refers to it as listening to the judges' tapes...lol)

Also much easier to track numbers without need yellow sheets of paper that can accidentally be left on the field 

13 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Love the performance level and such, but the program really looks and feels like Babylon 3. The 2019 production had that similar vibe, and maybe they're just adopting that persona permanently, but it felt a bit stale in terms of concept. As with most of the top groups, they'll figure it all out and have everything dialed in...but they missed an opportunity to assume the alpha spot. Seems they're playing catch-up at this point, and BD have the attention of the younger crowd. You could feel the energy level of the kids in the stands from SCV to BD. BD is the trendy choice, at least at the moment. Good job capturing a bit of the pop culture vibe.

I imagine what’s trendy among the west coast audience will differ compared to the east and Midwest audience. I imagine Bloo and Crown will remain the crowd darlings 

Just now getting to see the show from multi angle.  For gods sake BD, get those kids some black T-Shirts in the corps proper!  The bare mid drift is horrendous.  Love the show.  But, details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MelloNell said:

Just now getting to see the show from multi angle.  For gods sake BD, get those kids some black T-Shirts in the corps proper!  The bare mid drift is horrendous.  Love the show.  But, details.

I noticed the same! Some tops were cut too short. I hope the uniform staff is fixing that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I imagine what’s trendy among the west coast audience will differ compared to the east and Midwest audience. I imagine Bloo and Crown will remain the crowd darlings 

Interesting thought experiment, “which regions love ‘x’ corps the most” haha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Neither Bloo, nor Crown were the crowd darlings last season though ( albeit Crown's show was a one and done performance ).  That said, who knows if Phantom  Regiment will return as the " crowd darling " this season as they were last season when it was non scored performances.