DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

Buh.  Cadets 7th in GE?  McCourt was brutal and Rhodes not that much more generous.  Wow.  

Bloo brass won’t be there until they get the kids back. They still looked to be missing at least six brass and their center snare. In all I think our medalists are going to be Bd, Crown and Bloo.

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I suspect we’re headed to another record score.  Not that the show is ‘that much better” than 2014 but because the corps behind them are ‘that much better’ and BD then “a bit ahead of them.”  

The relativity of scoring means pay attention to the spread from year to year not the number. 

At the rate things are going one of these days a championship will be decided by 0.0001 of a point 

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That VA judge alright?  I am going to have to disagree with that 7.3.  Nobody at this show should have that low of an ordinal.

And yeah. That VA judge is what brought Blue Stars into Cadets range after the beating Cadets got in GE.  

Wild recap.

The trend continues in BD edging out crown in the *sacred* brass caption. It was absolutely BD’s best run of the year for them hornline wise. The demand of their book is being achieved, the fans are loving their sound, and it’s simply a good hornline to listen to. The closer that I’ve said is “samey” BD closer material, is sounding better and better as well and I’m starting to enjoy it!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I suspect we’re headed to another record score.  Not that the show is ‘that much better” than 2014 but because the corps behind them are ‘that much better’ and BD then “a bit ahead of them.”  

The relativity of scoring means pay attention to the spread from year to year not the number. 

I get that, but I think/hope scores will just be low enough in the beginning of finals to accommodate the gaps. I love this Bd, but they’re not close to 2014. Keep in mind that 7 judges gave them perfect. It was 2 tenths in brass, 1 in MA, and 4 in percussion that kept them from perfect. Can’t imagine that happens. I don’t even think they’ll take 1st from all judges, with guard, percussion, and potentially brass being taken away.