DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

7 minutes ago, Jim Alberty said:

Agreed, the Texas desert is very preservative .... but I don't think of it  as an "art installation" as much as an example of "just another Texan being a horse's patoot" ....of course I'm speaking as an Okie expatriate .....

I hear you man but the “Prada Store” in Marfa is really really cool. The juxtaposition of a high end luxury store surrounded by miles and miles of nothing is truly worth the multiple hour trip from the big cities. For me, at least. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Phantom is bringing in the rear as well, I don’t anticipate more than a half-point to a point drop off in between 9-10, I hope they close the gap!

Yeah, good chance 6-10 could be separated by less than 2 pts tomorrow.

BD's winning spread was more than 4th thru 7th place spread tonight. 😂

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, squarepush said:

Make sure to go to Marfa if you're trying to do a West Texas tour. Such a quirky art town. I know a few people who own ranches out there and it's a VERY controversial town now. lol. oh well. Also, go to El Paso! So many people write it off I'm not sure why. 

I’ve been to both! It was worth the trip for sure! They say you aren’t a tru Texan until you’ve need to West Texas at least once! 

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

I’ve been to both! It was worth the trip for sure! They say you aren’t a tru Texan until you’ve need to West Texas at least once! 

The majority of Texans that live in DFW, Houston, San Antonio/Austin area have NEVER been that far west lol 😅 They'd only drive through it to go to Arizona or California. Tragic!

• Sad 1

The Cadets GE scores are a head scratcher to me. Not sure I agree with the judges here. Otherwise the recaps seem about right. Bluecoats recaps are pretty solid for a corps that is still dirty. 

Blue Devils...Wow! They still have issues to work out, but look out when BD nails their show. Their guard was on point tonight. The percussion writing with battery and pit is truly wonderful. Next level stuff. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, squarepush said:

The majority of Texans that live in DFW, Houston, San Antonio/Austin area have NEVER been that far west lol 😅 They'd only drive through it to go to Arizona or California. Tragic!

It really is. I enjoy city living but I love a small town with a ton of character! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Sounds like BD got more cheers than Crown during score announcement. Just saying 

I saw their show on Flo and I liked it a lot, but when you hear and see it live like I did in Tempe, AZ I thought their show was amazing.  Their brass section sounds so rich while being powerful when they need to be.  BD's soloists are also a real highlight for me.  All I am trying to say is that you must see BD live this year to experience and appreciate their greatness.

• Like 3

Just now, jmc5682 said:

I saw their show on Flo and I liked it a lot, but when you hear and see it live like I did in Tempe, AZ I thought their show was amazing.  Their brass section sounds so rich while being powerful when they need to be.  BD's soloists are also a real highlight for me.  All I am trying to say is that you must see BD live this year to experience and appreciate their greatness.

Oh I’ll be seeing them live in about a week and I’m ecstatic 

• Like 2

Bluecoats need to clean to catch BD which I still think is possible over the next two weeks. They have a lot of room to grow. Just need to get healthy and get some rehearsal days in. I think Little Rock is where they can establish themselves as a title contender. Maybe that’s optimistic but I’m not losing hope in this corps to make a late season run 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2