Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Love the closer!

Travis Larson and brass staff you have done wonders with this hornline!   I can't wait to hear Stars come finals...what a real treat this is and is going to be IMO.

• Like 4

Blue Knights - love the use of colors, overall color scheme is better than most in the top 5. While they don’t sound like the same blue knights of the past 7 years, I find the show quite enjoyable! 

Blue Stars - the show is just phenomenally designed (though they could take some tips from BK about use of color). The brass might be the best they’ve ever had, just strong in all captions. I can easily see them in 7th and pushing for 6th 

• Like 1

Blue Stars

Guard guard guard!! This corps knows how to use them. Nice brass intro. This show just flows visually. The music is so enjoyable and well performed. If you love geometric drill, there’s plenty to enjoy in the 2nd movement, and it’s done tastefully.

They do a great job of transitioning their stage and giving you fresh visual feelings. Love this brass feature at a mp with clear articulation/slurs. They sound great. Really, this is my favorite music book from Blue Stars in a while and visual might still be their strength!

Blue Stars don’t overdue their weapon writing. It’s there, but not crammed in your face. It just always feels tasteful and natural. Nice job brass duet in this ballad! Man, this corps does a great job of playing nicely and clearly in those soft moments. That’s quite memorable. That’s a really long and sustained build. Nice job!

A nice quick transition out of the ballad into this aggressive section. This show has REALLY grown on me. It’s got great ensemble playing, great soloists, and just flows really nicely. Visually, it’s a delight and firmly has its own Blue Stars identity. There might not be a corps that has more flashy geometric drill. Can’t wait to see how they finish this production in Indy!

• Like 4