Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

2 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Devils guard is putting on a clinic tonight... WOW! .  I love the arrangement of Moon River.... well at least until the trombone comes in. It kinda spoils the moment for me/

Really? There were drops upon drops tonight by the weapon line

• Like 4

Blue Devils

That opening visual loos incredible close up and high. WOW! Outstanding choreo. That flash of white as they remove the coats is great. Man, nobody moves like BD! I just am in love with how paces BD is visually, always changing the palate. Great props! Love how the end of the first movement moves, form wise. Great change of pace.

Like the transitions of feels into the 2nd movement. Man, that piccolo soloist… I could listen all day!! That’s some tough writing in the low brass. Guard looks great throughout, definitely the strongest sabers I’ve seen tonight. Great job, mellos!

Moon River… favorite BD ballad in a while. So interesting harmonically and so different from everything else I’ve heard tonight. This program has such deep variety, musically and visually. Man, that trombone soloist is incredible! Love BD’s ballad choreography, so fitting to the musicality. A fantastic transition out of the ballad, too.

Man, these kids move so well. Really incredible. The timbres from the battery are really unique here. Love this accel and the rotations in the brass. Drum set is KILLING IT!

Man, great use of electronics in the soloists. Love the Cowboy Beebop. The percussion choreo is great! Nice brass licks. Man, what a top to bottom engaging program! Love the soloist at the end of this movement, new chords!! Looks and sounds great.

Haven’t mentioned the props much, but they do a great job with them, framing the field and providing variety to the landscape. Looking forward to the real ending. I’m sure this show will have haters as BD always does, but they’re just so talented across the board, don’t have weaknesses, and have such a strong show design. Can’t see it being beat.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Even my untrained eyes have noticed a rough run for the guard. 

The visual has been stunning otherwise tonight, no one gets close to the consistency and effortlessness of the body movement and marching that BD has. They look like they're floating 

I can’t take my eyes off of them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Devils guard is putting on a clinic tonight... WOW! .  I love the arrangement of Moon River.... well at least until the trombone comes in. It kinda spoils the moment for me/

Huh? That was the roughest run of the year for them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Not A BD lover, or a BD hater, but from my very untrained eyes and ears ... that was the best show we've seen tonight (and I don't really think it was all that close). 

Although I would definitely say the crowd Dug Crown more than BD or anyone else at this point

• Like 1

Outside of that really rough run from the color guard, I think we all saw tonight why they are a 19 time champion and a defending champion as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1