Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Could there be no undefeated corps after tonight perhaps?

Nope

My best guess:

1. Crown
  2. Blue Devils
  3. Boston
  4. SCV
  5. Bluecoats
  6. Blue Stars
  7. Cavaliers
  8. Blue Knights
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

A reel tape.  Don’t leave out telling the Spartans drum major in 2019 that they won by default. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, squarepush said:

I have no idea where to put anyone tonight. I can see it going in multiple different directions. 

Lol it was hard for me too. I got at least 4 confused faces when I quantified it.

The top 5 are looking and sounding fantastic. I also don't love any of the show designs but also don't hate any.

Nobody's show really had a "blow me away" moment. 

I think the Bluecoats have the best show concept, easy to follow along, but brass was a little weak, there's a lot to clean, and visually it kind of decrescendo'd and left me wanting.

If they can clean this show, I think they can win. But Crown otherwise, and I dont even get their show.

My order would be

Bluecoats

Crown

BAC

SCV

BD

BStars

Cavs

BK

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

A reel tape.  Don’t leave out telling the Spartans drum major in 2019 that they won by default. 

Seriously though. I so wish that drum major would have looked at him, done a massive eyeroll, then walked away. He'd have forever been my hero.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

normally its just Tequila and hot sauce

Ask the cameraman

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

Now just waiting for this thread to implode when scores are announced!

Yup. Its gonna happen. You just know its gonna happen.  😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

This will sound more critical than I intend, because I absolutely love Bloo's show this year. But I really do feel like the narration detracts from what the corps is doing on the field. It is integrated nicely into the show, and fits well with the overall design and music. But because it plays such a prominent role throughout, we get several minutes of the corps just playing backup music ... like a movie soundtrack. I really would prefer if they just played great music throughout. It's a cool theme and the narration gives the show a cool vibe, but why take away the opportunity from these amazing musicians to show off their talent from beginning to end?

I agree. One of the earlier movements, frankly, sounds more like an extended brass warmup exercise than a musical piece. I think Cadets integrated narration correctly this year.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 2