Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Crown > Boston > SCV

Hmm I'd go Boston > SCV > Crown. But like a tenth each.   Percussion is gonna be tight tonight.  BD yet to come.  Bloo line has had some tight nights too.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

SCV ballad of the night so far for me. 

Until Moon River 🙂 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Reason why I'm not going bc it was inside but it has changed to outdoor and I already purchased tickets to another show. 

I've got two tickets for sale...Great seats! For Murfreesboro.  I'm getting ready to list in Marketplace for face value. 

Just now, lawdn said:

Heard SCV play their show standstill at BBQ before DCI West and was mesmerized. I could listen to this show all day. Visual program has never clicked for me - and tonight my theory is the visual is great, but it is very generic within the musical context. The musical and visual just don’t play well together and don’t highlight or reinforce each other. A little sad - first corps I fell in love with in 1986. 

I think you just hit the nail on the head. SCV musically is mesmerizing and they are also very strong visually, but somehow the two do not seem to come together as a cohesive whole.  Some very cool visual moments, and some stunning passages musically, but for some reason this just has not gelled for me as a whole show.  I love listening to them and watching them, but the whole package doesn't quite work for me.  Weird! 

• Like 1

SCV

Love that opening set and really unique props! Great soundscape! Adore the musicality of that front ensemble! Man, that dissonance comes out of nowhere after all those flowy white forms!

Brass sounds great. Handling those technical lines well across all sections. Love the aggressiveness in their sound. Yeah baritone!! Man, all of the corps this year can really articulate well! 

This guard is underrated. They won’t win this year, but they’re really talented and not talked about enough. I love the way SCV’s hot line moves, 2nd only to BD. There hasn’t been a ton of choreo for them, but they perform it well and it’s written even better. Cool visual highlight of the soloist on those props!

I like the 2nd half of the ballad and how it slowly builds, especially visually. That long sustained dissonance is great! As we move to the next movement, I really like the percussion writing, which I rarely comment on (not my forte). I think of the percussion features I’ve seen tonight, this one has my favorite writing and musical support.

Anxiously awaiting that Vanguard yell! Can’t wait for it. Always love the SCV mellos! Closing drill is ferocious and enjoyable! Can’t wait to see the final ending.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If I was close, heck yeah, I’d go.  Just don’t want to chance a rainout. 

I'm risking it 😬

• Like 1

That closer definitely feels like a place holder.

• Like 1