Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

57 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

If video is illegal at shows, why is DCI allowing Crown to ask fans to take out their phones and follow along? Really think some fans are not taking video? 

Nobody cares. I have videos up and haven't been alerted to remove them.  Too many rules.  Glad Crown is helping changing the rule. DCI needs more popularity imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Ahhh, video & pics are illegal.  We had a militant usher in Muncie yelling at folks during the first show.  Yes, during the show… 😮

Muncie may have a different policy, but I bring my camera to every show I attend (three or four regular season shows, Allentown, and Indy) and take lots of photos, including at two shows this year. My camera is pretty conspicuous too and the bag is often inspected, so I’m not smuggling something into the stadium. Video and audio recording are not allowed, but still photography is usually allowed. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Ahhh, video & pics are illegal.  We had a militant usher in Muncie yelling at folks during the first show.  Yes, during the show… 😮

Wow. They sure were trying to keep their job I see. If it were me as a usher I would've had my phone out too.  I wonder if video isn't allowed during college marching band performances at football games, I've never heard a announcement at the few games I've been too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasPRfan said:

I'm so hyped to see my beloved Regiment live & in person tonight in Denton and in San Antonio!  Twice in 3 days.  I just know there will be babies thrown for this electric show.  Thank you so much to all the members and staff for working so hard, and overcoming so many challenges to deliver us a goose-bump inducing, electric show.  This show is an example of why I've always loved Drum Corps.  

Light it up, Regiment!

Harvey

I think that's the first babies reference I've seen this season. Thanks!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the first head to head Colts vs BK, yes? 

11 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Nobody cares. I have videos up and haven't been alerted to remove them.  Too many rules.  Glad Crown is helping changing the rule. DCI needs more popularity imo. 

Video is not allowed due to copyright and licensing issues. DCI covers itself legally by making the announcement but has no obligation to enforce the rule. I’m sure DCI likes the policy so people will purchase Blu-rays and downloads, but with so many people using cellphones as video cameras, it could never be policed.  

16 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

This is the first head to head Colts vs BK, yes? 

I believe so. This will be fun to see!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Muncie may have a different policy, but I bring my camera to every show I attend (three or four regular season shows, Allentown, and Indy) and take lots of photos, including at two shows this year. My camera is pretty conspicuous too and the bag is often inspected, so I’m not smuggling something into the stadium. Video and audio recording are not allowed, but still photography is usually allowed. 

21 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Video is not allowed due to copyright and licensing issues. DCI covers itself legally by making the announcement but has no obligation to enforce the rule. I’m sure DCI likes the policy so people will purchase Blu-rays and downloads, but with so many people using cellphones as video cameras, it could never be policed.  

I don't know the policy, but at one show I know they announced the "DCI Policy" of video, audio, & still photography not being allowed.  But before COVID, I attended NightBEAT in Winston-Salem and was 'scolded' by a Crown official (at least he had a Crown polo) for taking a picture of a former student marching with Boston.  He really 'made a scene' during their performance.  I was an easy target with an aisle seat.  

The folks around me were upset because of his actions.  I tried to find him between corps to tell him it was 'still photography' of a student but he was gone.  He looked like a "want-a-be" with just a little power?  Anyway, it left a wound & emotional scar for which I probably need therapy... 😁   

Incidents need to be handled between performances & with a professional demeanor.   Maybe with a little more kindness & ice cream?

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1