Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

7 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Would it be a bad time to bring up the G7?

I wasn't going to say anything but since the G7 has been mentioned, I'll ask a question or two.  

1) Did anyone see the "leader" of the G7 in San Antonio last night? ⚠️ (His narcissism is on full display on social media musing his minions complete with a 'shout out' to his 'DCP haters'.)   

2) Did the Blue Devils win? 😁 (I'm liking their Ludwig drum sound but still disappointed in the Moon River arrangement.)

3) Can Crown clean all of that difficult drill? 🤔  (It will be incredible if they can execute.)

4) Was the San Antonio attendance of some 14,697 pretty good for a major regional? 🤠  (I think yes.)

Overall, I think it was an incredible night for the drum corps product considering the virus & the extreme heat.  We're now three weeks until Saturday, August 13th.  I think championship week will be "off the chain". 🐕    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

BD scored a 92.375 on July 19, 2008 at DCI Southwestern...just saying.

Yes, and the Phantom Regiment  on that date at the San Antonio Regional placed 4th with a 89.775.... 2.6 points behind BD.   The undefeated at the time BD won that Regional handily by 1.4 points ( over the Cavaliers ). Just about everybody said at the time... "its over, nobody is going to catch the undefeated Blue Devils with that much of a spread ".  ( and certainly not the upstart Phantom Regiment,  2.6 points behind BD )

But of course. little did we all know at the time what would happen a mere 3 weeks later.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Wow. Seems the GE judges definitely agree about BD and … that’s it, the rest is a war zone

Really? GE judges looked pretty consistent to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Since the entire organization agreed 6 years ago that "BAC" would mean Building A Champion someday, you have your answer. 

For the record, there is only one drum corps in existence whom the Boston Crusaders have never beaten. They are the Blue Devils.  Will it take 3 more years or 3 more weeks.....?

Congratulations to BAC for a strong showing in SA. Continued success to a wonderful alumni and organization.

BD is very young relative to others in the top five. In fact both BD and Cadets followed by Vanguard appear to be the younger of the top six. It will take three exceptional performances to move the Devils out of medal contention. Expect BD to continue being a medalist in the near future. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I wasn't going to say anything but since the G7 has been mentioned, I'll ask a question or two.  

1) Did anyone see the "leader" of the G7 in San Antonio last night? ⚠️ (His narcissism is on full display on social media musing his minions complete with a 'shout out' to his 'DCP haters'.)   

2) Did the Blue Devils win? 😁 (I'm liking their Ludwig drum sound but still disappointed in the Moon River arrangement.)

3) Can Crown clean all of that difficult drill? 🤔  (It will be incredible if they can execute.)

4) Was the San Antonio attendance of some 14,697 pretty good for a major regional? 🤠  (I think yes.)

Overall, I think it was an incredible night for the drum corps product considering the virus & the extreme heat.  We're now three weeks until Saturday, August 13th.  I think championship week will be "off the chain". 🐕    

1. I heard that, too. I have to ask my friend Michael, if he saw him. 

• Like 1

I’m just going to add one thing, food for thought……. Lance Armstrong …… just kidding around 

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

In fact both BD and Cadets followed by Vanguard appear to be the younger of the top six. 

I swear there's a bunch of 16 y/o in Cadets (?) - either that or I'm getting old (I prefer the former) - all sections appear a couple years younger than normal... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1