Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

they sound great in ensemble.  mello intonation is actually horrific.  major horn phasing when sections aren't playing in unison.

How about we refrain from calling the intonation of an entire section of a corps that’s working extremely hard “horrific” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Over the past decade, BK has consistently had one of my top 2 or 3 shows every season. It’s nowhere close to that this season. It’s honestly among my least favorite. It’s too bad. I love this corps so much. I hope it’s just a fluke and not a sign of things to come.

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

whooo... those guard uniforms... 

BOLD

Brought to you by Procter and Gamble, the makers of Pepto Bismol.

• Thanks 1

I had finally started to enjoy this show.  And then trombone thing happened and I was back to being disappointed. 

Just now, Triple Forte said:

We have heard a lot of intonation issues today and I tribute that to the weather outside versus inside 😁

for sure.  it's a big problem even for top corps this year.  just not a priority, and judges seem to value it a lot less than balance, tone, and dynamics.  very sad for me, but it's very much a rebuilding year for every corps, so i guess they have to have priorities.  

• Like 1

There is a lot to love about that show, especially the sound.  Lots of chops in the brass but some sloppy individual performances muddy it up in some spots.  The guard seems to dance more than do... you know guard stuff like use flags and rifles.  I always enjoy BK and want them to be better.  Not sure what it's going to take.

OK now - let's go Phantom!

• Like 1

Get it Phantom!!!

• Like 2

Ok Phantom.  Let’s do this!