Marching experience of DCP members

i have 1 full year with my HS Marching Band in 2020. i skipped the 2021 season to rebuild my mental and physical health because i was struggling for a majority of early 2021 and starting having severe pain from my developing TMJ Disorder. skipping that season is a massive regret, as my band took 1st place at state championships in our division. i am back in band and am preparing for band camp week starting tomorrow. i auditioned for The Battalion but cut myself because of aforementioned TMJ Disorder. i will audition for Blue Knights this year. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I bet there's a decent percentage of people here that don't know what "pass in review" is.  

Or a color pre, or a timing gun, or a….well, you get the picture!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ok this one is fun so I’ll jump in.

8 years “Senior” corps (6 Bari, 2 parade Euphonium/field show Honor Guard)

8 parade and standstill (aka alumni type corps)

3 HS and 1 college 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I bet there's a decent percentage of people here that don't know what "pass in review" is.  

In 1977, I was the DM of the Windsor Guardsmen. We lost by .2 to the Saganiers for Great Lakes DBCA championships. I was ######. So when it came time to troop Saganiers, I timed it so that our push ended right  before we were to march past them. It was just  number 5 bass drum booming out the tempo. We got fined $100 for that, but the corps director cracked up as he told me he was ######, too!)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

4 years marching band (high level ISSMA/BOA finalist) 

Never had the opportunity (or money) to do drum corps but was introduced to the activity young as a spectator

edit to add: marching band was accompanied by concert band, pep band, pit orchestra, and jazz band as well as solo and ensemble competition.  And four years perfect attendance.  (nerd alert!). I probably logged more hours at that high school than anyone, including the staff.  

What High School? I'm from Indiana as well!

4 years marching in Carmel HS Drumline, followed by 3 years teaching there under Cavaliers' Mike McIntosh. 

• Like 2