An uneducated fangirl's final predictions

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I hope Cadets are extremely proud of what they have produced this year. 

Agreed.
Just saying that some have the Cadets catching SCV for fifth. there’s two or three corps behind them that are working hard for that sixth spot and are getting closer to them with each competition.

but of course they should be proud they’re even in that spot.

• Thanks 1

I’ll bite…  this is harder than ever both because of the quality of the groups AND because Covid has hit some corps harder - and later than others.  How groups rebound - and strictly enforce their bubbles, including volunteers and support staffs - will really really matter.  Frankly, everyone should have done it when Phantom & Cavies first got hit.  

I hate it when folks only focus on the top 5 or 6.  I’ll go down through everyone with a shot at top 12z

1.  Blue Devils

2.  Boston (1-2 very tight)

3.  Bluecoats (hard to imagine Bloo NOT cleaning up and improving the music captions)

4.  Crown (a virtual toss up to me with Bloo)

5.  Vanguard - but don’t sleep on them

6.  Cadets - very clean.  Can they hold off those below them with more to clean/more upside?  

7.  Blue Stars - will move closer to 6th than 8th - maybe - but music scores are the wild cards, with Regiment & Cavies musically coming in like a freight train…

8.  Regiment - emotion, momentum, big evolution of show with all the nuances continuing to be added.  A toss up with Cavies

9.  Cavaliers - again a toss up with Regiment

10.  Mandarins - I don’t think they can keep up with Phantom & Cavies musically but 8-10 will be TIGHT.

Covid impacts playing LARGE in the 11-14 spots.  Who can get or stay healthy in time to build back endurance & clean?  Troopers & BK hit hard.  How much can they recover competitively?  And will they get credit for it if they do?

11.  Colts - I struggle with this with such a small corps.  Will the GE be there at the end? The size is not the fault of the performers.  I think their in, but not as much of a lock as people think.  Others have more room to clean and grow.  Still 9 days to go.

12-13.  Troopers/Crossmen.  Crossmen have the edge.  If troopers get healthy, regain their endurance and clean, clean, clean, they can still take it.  Troop will have the crowd behind them.  Crossmen have the edge now.

14.  Phenomenal quality for 14th.  Covid impacts & a sub-par design are tough to overcome…

Harvey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know 1st place is tight and there are assumptions based on what has happened, is happening.

I want Boston to take it.  I haven't liked one of their shows for a while, but to me, this year they have one that catches my attention. 

I'm a BAC fan.  I want them to realize their dream. 

• Like 3

I have not replied in DCP for years, but I lived in Castleton for 4 years and enjoyed BAC every spring. As a music educator for 38 years, and alumni of New England Conservatory and BU,  I have appreciated Crusaders as a special organization. (It should be noted that BD and Cadets have always been my favorite corps). But it would be awesome for DCI if BAC was great enough to win. Certainly whatever corps is best, they deserve the Gold, but it would be great for the activity if an underdog had a chance. I was at Phantom's Spartacus win...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed.
Just saying that some have the Cadets catching SCV for fifth. there’s two or three corps behind them that are working hard for that sixth spot and are getting closer to them with each competition.

but of course they should be proud they’re even in that spot.

I'm pretty sure it was ONE person and they actually listed it as unlikely but possible - scores the other night were very wack. JMO. If Cadets don't bust 90 tonight Cavaliers catching them is certainly possible. If they get a 91 it's over IMO

Ok I will go for it... 

1. Boston - I just have to put them here... Rooting for my team. They can do this! 

2. Blue Devils - They will not be any lower.  Full stop. 

3. Crown - They broke 90 in SA.  Scoring history over the years says that corps who break 90 at SA go on to medal. 

4. Bluecoats - Strong across the board. Don't see any weakness. 

5. SCV - Drums should keep them here. 

6. Cadets - Show design a cut above the rest. 

7. Blue Stars - A marvelous production indeed. A great place to be for them. Brass is great IMO. 

8. Cavies - Time is running out which just hasn't been on their side this season for reasons beyond their control. 

9. Phantom Regiment - They've made great strides cleaning this show up. Their also known to surge at the end. 

10. Mandarins - The guard is so just good. 

11. Colts - I hope to see them back on finals night. 

12. Crossmen - A finals worthy show IMO,  but still on the bubble. 

13. BK - Can they squeak in like B A C did in 2016?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Ok I will go for it... 

1. Boston - I just have to put them here... Rooting for my team. They can do this! 

2. Blue Devils - They will not be any lower.  Full stop. 

3. Crown - They broke 90 in SA.  Scoring history over the years says that corps who break 90 at SA go on to medal. 

4. Bluecoats - Strong across the board. Don't see any weakness. 

5. SCV - Drums should keep them here. 

6. Cadets - Show design a cut above the rest. 

7. Blue Stars - A marvelous production indeed. A great place to be for them. Brass is great IMO. 

8. Cavies - Time is running out which just hasn't been on their side this season for reasons beyond their control. 

9. Phantom Regiment - They've made great strides cleaning this show up. Their also known to surge at the end. 

10. Mandarins - The guard is so just good. 

11. Colts - I hope to see them back on finals night. 

12. Crossmen - A finals worthy show IMO,  but still on the bubble. 

13. BK - Can they squeak in like B A C did in 2016?

Excellent choices! I really hoped to see Troopers squeak into Finals too, but it may be too difficult.

• Like 1