Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ok HIgh cam just did it.  Its a roku thing.  Lemme restart my stuff in the INT i guess

My Roku has been fine so far during Spartans.  

I'm hearing WAY too much pit and speaker and hardly any acoustic brass today. I suppose that is a factor of FloMarching mic placement or over-exuberant sound panel tech staff or a combination of both. Not looking forward to the Blue Synthetic Goo tonight. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

James Blake on a drum corps field is SOOOO freaking cool to hear.

agree

I'll admit I have never really cared for Spartans! Non-memorable shows that barely squeaked into Semis most years, and a brass sound that I always thought was spread and unfocused. More of a visual corps than a musical corps, to my eyes and ears. Of course, my opinion changed with their fabulous 2019 program, and I am thrilled to see more in that vein from them this year. I revisited their 2019 show frequently during the last few years, and this was an excellent follow up. I am also thrilled to see they didn't miss a beat in terms of quality since 2019. I do think they can and will post numbers around or above Music City & Academy, hopefully landing in the high teens again in Semis this year. Well done, Spartans!! So happy to see 2019's progress kept up.

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Hmm.  This likely means 26 performances tomorrow.  Bonus music!

According to DCI, if Calgary Stampede score 25th or better, there will be 26 competing tomorrow. They need to beat Guardians for that to happen though.

3 minutes ago, bacmominator said:

DCI World Championships Prelims - Block #1

Colt Cadets - 65.225
Raiders - 65.825
Les Stentors - 67.525
7th Regiment - 66.188
River City Rhythm - 69.950
Louisiana Stars - 70.025

I don't understand how Les Stentors can score so well while their battery "vocabulary" (rudiments, rolls, flams, drags, triplets, singlets, etc.) is non-existent. They play basically a concert band snare book.

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

the term "visiting" (quotes included) is sure used a lot.

This basically says DCI will make the decision on who can compete as International Class on a year-by-year basis.  They do have to participate in the Open Class tour

I know every time there is an international participant, Taipei Yuefu, Yamato, Beatrix, Jubal, etc they participate in OC/Div 2/3. I wonder if there was a rebirth of canadian corps if there would be an international class. 

• Like 1