Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Blue Stars — most underrated guard in DCI

They have a reputation of being a Michael E Shapiro Guard.. 
That is the opposite of underrated  🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the Blue Stars show, but think that their run last night was tighter.  Have been a fan of the BStars guard for a while now, but they seemed a tad off tonight. Equipment angles, synchronicity missing, etc.  Don't get me wrong--still love the show and the opening soloist does it for me every time.  Love the trumpet soloist near the end as well.  Visual seemed tight, and ensemble seemed solid.  GE and guard were off for me a little tonight.  We'll see what that does for scores.

• Like 2

Just now, Maleguena1988 said:

This will be interesting compare/contrast as I am in 143 tonight and will be in 500’s Tom or night. Being so close is really interesting, as you can hear the judges a bit during quiet, and even the “dut duts” of battery and section….almost like you are on the field. Almost. 

I'm doing something similar. I was in 438 last night, I'm in 238 tonight, and I have 139 tomorrow. 438 was slightly quieter but I could see way more, 238 almost feels too close to see well but the volume is great! 

• Like 1

Just now, FaustianMachine said:

I'm doing something similar. I was in 438 last night, I'm in 238 tonight, and I have 139 tomorrow. 438 was slightly quieter but I could see way more, 238 almost feels too close to see well but the volume is great! 

I like it here, but horns are mostly pointed away from me…but I can see diagonals right down the line. 

Mandarins much better tonight. Brass sounded better. They got Charles’ level right and he sang a hair sharp to cut across the brass. Overall cleaner. But…

Another strong, powerful run by PR. They have momentum this week and seem to be steadily improving. I think they stay ahead of Mandies tonight. 

cavies very strong - clean and clear, no potential music ensemble issues that I heard last night. They are also on the rise. 

Blue Stars had a nervous first few minutes with ensemble issues and guard bobbles and drops. They settled in and got very clean and cohesive. But they were off just enough for Cavies to catch them. 

• Like 5

Just now, Maleguena1988 said:

This will be interesting compare/contrast as I am in 143 tonight and will be in 500’s Tom or night. Being so close is really interesting, as you can hear the judges a bit during quiet, and even the “dut duts” of battery and section….almost like you are on the field. Almost. 

There was an on field trombone (or bari?) feature right in front of me yesterday and you could hear someone "dutting" the entrances. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Weird stance to make on a non judged section 

You think judges put blind-folds on, ear-plugs in, and face backwards during "pre-shows". It ALL influences opinions and emotions.