Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know if you’re here or not but lots of older alumni came for the 50th anniversary. Many marched in the first championship.  They have the usual afflictions of age.  Bad knees hips, etc.  so they’re a bit slower on the stairs and God bless them for even trying them,  I have a bad knee myself and I take stairs slowly. Plus, I fell down a flight of stairs in 2020.

I’ve seen older people practically knocked to the ground here by people running to get in the doors.  It is disgraceful. 

Before my mom passed at 83, she had a very bad knee - I watched so many people push past her, drop doors in her face. It was upsetting to say the least, but VERY educational for me. I am not in Indy - was supposed to be, I had to cancel everything (and eat the tickets as I was unable to resell them) as the breeder for my puppy (waiting a year) called two weeks ago to announce that my puppy Jack was available suddenly as they had a buyer back out. So 10-week-old border terrier means NO Indy for me. Totally worth it -

https://www.facebook.com/1218894192/videos/591310095784686/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know if you’re here or not but lots of older alumni came for the 50th anniversary. Many marched in the first championship.  They have the usual afflictions of age.  Bad knees hips, etc.  so they’re a bit slower on the stairs and God bless them for even trying them,  I have a bad knee myself and I take stairs slowly. Plus, I fell down a flight of stairs in 2020.

I’ve seen older people practically knocked to the ground here by people running to get in the doors.  It is disgraceful. 

There’s a lot of people in Indy with absolutely no situational awareness. It’s kind of shocking. 

• Like 4

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

There’s a lot of people in Indy with absolutely no situational awareness. It’s kind of shocking. 

YUP

Just now, George Dixon said:

YUP

What’s bugging me is the people standing against the wall in the 100’s as corps change. That pathway isn’t big enough for it to be 3-wide, but they’re making it be that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Mariana said:

See this is why people have trouble respecting y’all you take everything too seriously 

lol who exactly is y'all? 

8 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Not saying it's not true, and I certainly don't have any direct knowledge, but I feel like I read this same claim about BD's membership age every single season. Mathematically it can't be true every year, yet I have the distinct impression I keep reading it

It's been true EVERY YEAR. The 2022 corps is composed mainly of 3 and 4 year olds lol

• Like 1