Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

38 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Because someone always has to comment on posts to keep their most posts up. Is it not a fact that BD won the last trophy and 99.9% locked for this trophy? So then next year will be a 3 peat opportunity that they haven't been able to do 5 times. 

Whatever. 

9 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

...is it weird that I wish there'd been more pre-2014 Bluecoats in the alumni corps show?

I mean, the past ten years are clearly the corps' competitive peak. But...it would've been nice to hear more things from before this design staff than Nutville/that snippet of Caravan/Creep/Boxer. Like, any of Metropolis. Or a bit of the '95 show.

I might be too curmudgeonly. Alumni corps are always delightful, and this one was no exception. And the tribute off the top with backfield Autumn Leaves had me sobbing.

the whole first half was pre-2014. Creep/Boxer, Autumn Leaves, Nutville.....plus the drum to drum was basically the 87/88 parts ( and quite possibly cleaner than 88)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

They have the youngest corps they have had in years.  Perhaps a three in a row will happen.  I would like to see BAC get the Gold.  I love this years show for Boston, but if they can get a really emotional show and put it all together next year could be their year.  I am quite amazed at the progress they have made the last 6 or 7 years,  If they can keep their staff together multiple titles will happen! 

note DCI has not referred to them as the defending champions as there was no 20 or 21 competitive seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

note DCI has not referred to them as the defending champions as there was no 20 or 21 competitive seasons. 

They haven’t here, but I’ve heard Dan do it at the shows he announces

21 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

See that’s one of the only things I’ve never understood about this website. People being jerks to anonymous people they don’t know

I’m. Not. ANONYMOUS. I’m also not giving out my seat number this week because I don’t want some crazy on here coming over by me. 

58 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

What’s bugging me is the people standing against the wall in the 100’s as corps change. That pathway isn’t big enough for it to be 3-wide, but they’re making it be that way. 

I was about to mention this issue.  In the past, the Lucas Oil event staff have kept the wall clear.  They do have 10 designated spots in front of Section 240 for corps staff. (and that's fine) But you can't maneuver in & out of the lower sections due to the other folks standing in front of the wall; especially when you have two-way traffic.  Crazy.  What happened to that rule? 

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’m. Not. ANONYMOUS. I’m also not giving out my seat number this week because I don’t want some crazy on here coming over by me. 

You aren’t, but you’re also not the only person people are mean to. I meant it as a general statement. People are dicks for no good reason. 

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

I want to apologize for not taking you more seriously.  It is not a complaint I’m used to hearing and thought you were exaggerating, as people often do here to make a point. 

I do think this a serious concern and you deserve to have a safe and enjoyable experience.

Oh, sorry. Thanks for taking the time for saying that. I'll try to be less complaining here on DCP.

Just now, keystone3ply said:

I was about to mention this issue.  In the past, the Lucas Oil event staff have kept the wall clear.  They do have 10 designated spots in front of Section 240 for corps staff. (and that's fine) But you can't maneuver in & out of the lower sections due to the other folks standing in front of the wall; especially when you have two-way traffic.  Crazy.  What happened to that rule? 

I think it’s a lack of actual LOS staff. They have a lot of “DCI Volunteers” this year

• Like 1