Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Atleast I've been here for years doing it 😂

Me, too!  Know your audience!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

What is it with BAC percussion? Is the lot energy not translating to the field? Because the lots are insane. That wouldn’t explain why they aren’t owning content, though — the battery alone, my goodness. Is it the pit? (This is why I wish we had a separate pit judge!!)

If I recall, in a recent season they did have two percussion judges. One was a field judge and the other ensemble. The intent was to get a better read on the front ensembles. I guess now that they restrict the field judge and keep them off the field, they felt they didn’t need the second one. IDK.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ediblewaffles said:

Does anyone else think nerves are getting to BAC? First ever time in this position HAS to be playing with at least a few moods and attitudes

I don’t think so, they have performed very well from what I’ve seen. Still, when a corps climbs into the rarified air of medal territory, and especially contention for the gold, it is almost a rite of passage to fall short before climbing that last step up the podium. I think they are a definite contender for next year, have set themselves up with a very strong showing, and now have the experience to make that last rung on the ladder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

What did I miss? 

all that i know is that a member of the site who is a survivor of abuse and misconduct from their time in Drum Corps was talking about how they struggle to stay through an entire live show because of their experiences, and usually can only stay for 1-2 corps before they have to leave for their own sake. this was not taken well, and resulted in people getting on their case for being a bad audience member. poppy said something and this member mentioned how their father's funeral is today. poppy kept digging, discount their struggle, calling them a liar among other things. deplorable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

It's pit, people often forget that the percussion score is battery and pit

All day...all day. Bingo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

all that i know is that a member of the site who is a survivor of abuse and misconduct from their time in Drum Corps was talking about how they struggle to stay through an entire live show because of their experiences, and usually can only stay for 1-2 corps before they have to leave for their own sake. this was not taken well, and resulted in people getting on their case for being a bad audience member. poppy said something and this member mentioned how their father's funeral is today. poppy kept digging, discount their struggle, calling them a liar among other things. deplorable.

what the hell

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 27Socal said:

There's Roman Blensky.  They didn't expel him from the HOF?

Okay, I saw him. I forgot what exactly he did. Can someone remind me? 

11 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

See that’s one of the only things I’ve never understood about this website. People being jerks to anonymous people they don’t know

it's not just THIS website, lol

13 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

I don’t think so, they have performed very well from what I’ve seen. Still, when a corps climbs into the rarified air of medal territory, and especially contention for the gold, it is almost a rite of passage to fall short before climbing that last step up the podium. I think they are a definite contender for next year, have set themselves up with a very strong showing, and now have the experience to make that last rung on the ladder. 

maybe on the part of the staff, absolutely NOT the members

• Thanks 1