2023 Season Predictions

seems like admin leaving in many places. rumors of more to come abound

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, ibexpercussion said:

Good catch, but will be really hard to predict. Coming off of a year in which they did not field a group, and may have lost many of their better members to other groups it could be a tough year competitively. Again, just predictions, but we will see.

Edited by really4325
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, LabMaster said:

So changing dramatically infers a few changes taking most or some out of the top five or placement shifts within the top five?  Can you be a touch more specific?  It’s safe to say the staffs will remain entirely intact or mostly intact for the five.  At least BD will not change and I’m sure there are no changes for BAC.  Unless they are voluntarily made.  I assume Bloo stays the same so that leaves Crown and SCV.  SCV made changes late last year and Crown seems OK with their team, so what dramatic changes should we expect?  Mind you I’m thinking staffs here.  

So a swing and a miss on this one.  Many key staff changes to staffs, including one of the top 4.  I guess looking back, some changes aren’t all that surprising, but a couple certainly are. Percussion staffs especially.

Edited by LabMaster

6 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So a swing and a miss on this one.  Many key staff changes to staffs, including one of the top 4.  I guess looking back back, some changes aren’t all that surprising, but a couple certainly are. Percussion staffs especially.

I feel like because of the staging now of percussion judges, some of the staffs are just slow to adjust maybe. Those exposed moments have really got to shine and I don't feel like the books have caught up in all cases with the times. This is of course just MHO. 

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I feel like because of the staging now of percussion judges, some of the staffs are just slow to adjust maybe. Those exposed moments have really got to shine and I don't feel like the books have caught up in all cases with the times. This is of course just MHO. 

And on the other hand, I think there are books that didn’t get the credit because of judge positioning.  It may take a while for each to max positioning for the perc to be read properly and judges to position themselves to read it all properly.  But I could be way off base too. Admittedly I’m not a perc guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

And on the other hand, I think there are books that didn’t get the credit because of judge positioning.  It may take a while for each to max positioning for the perc to be read properly and judges to position themselves to read it all properly.  But I could be way off base too. Admittedly I’m not a perc guy.

Very valid point actually. It's a learning curve on both sides of the coin and I think you are most likely on target far more than you may think. 

Before their covid/concussion breakout Cavaliers were in 5/6 place. two weeks of less than full practices and missed shows hurt their progress. I predict Cavaliers will be in the top half of finalist in 2023.

Edited by boxingfred
added words
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, boxingfred said:

Before their covid/concussion breakout Cavaliers were in 5/6 place. two weeks of less than full practices and missed shows hurt their progress. I predict Cavaliers will be in the top half of finalist in 2023.

I think questionable design choices had a lot to do with the placement as well. Hopefully this new team will be ready for the challenge. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

i felt 19 was better, but visual design helped the case better in 19