Boston Crusaders 2023

7 minutes ago, Mikah said:

I had no clue that the 2022 show was based on Adam and Eve.  Now, I understand the show.  Before, I thought the show was SOS part two.

Based on the Paradise Lost novel/poem really, which isn't from the Bible unlike Adam and Eve. But related.

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 1

Bostons Community night performance for last night was postponed until tonight.  Showers off and on all day long. The corps was in sectionals all day, cleaning what they have.  They did get some field time in and used it to clean and enhance.  Being done last week helps in that more more show needs to be put in.  It enables time for cleaning, layering, choreo adds, basically allowing to build the show more. Boston is strong in all areas.  The new brass instruments sound great.  A little different sound/timbre and with more volume.  
Tonight’s performance for the community will be in full uniform from what I hear.  2 weeks until the first show and things are looking good.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Bostons Community night performance for last night was postponed until tonight.  Showers off and on all day long. The corps was in sectionals all day, cleaning what they have.  They did get some field time in and used it to clean and enhance.  Being done last week helps in that more more show needs to be put in.  It enables time for cleaning, layering, choreo adds, basically allowing to build the show more. Boston is strong in all areas.  The new brass instruments sound great.  A little different sound/timbre and with more volume.  
Tonight’s performance for the community will be in full uniform from what I hear.  2 weeks until the first show and things are looking good.

I love/hate hearing the full show on the field. It gives off the ability to clean and add but also adds fear of peaking. No doubt they’ll be a contender, but can they keep pushing and adding to keep up with BD. 

21 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I love/hate hearing the full show on the field. It gives off the ability to clean and add but also adds fear of peaking. No doubt they’ll be a contender, but can they keep pushing and adding to keep up with BD. 

Hey, who knows, maybe BD will need to keep up with BAC!😉

With such a short season, I wonder how peaking will play for some corps.  Will they get to peak performance with fewer shows?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hey, who knows, maybe BD will need to keep up with BAC!😉

With such a short season, I wonder how peaking will play for some corps.  Will they get to peak performance with fewer shows?

They will get to a peak.  But the scores across the board could be lower than they would be if the season were longer, with more time to clean & refine.  

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

What time will the performance be at and will anyone else be there to attend? This way we can hopefully hear many viewpoints of the show? This is getting exciting!

1 hour ago, blakman7 said:

What time will the performance be at and will anyone else be there to attend? This way we can hopefully hear many viewpoints of the show? This is getting exciting!

Just about to start ( 7pm EST ) if forecasted showers have cleared out there . Forecast is for diminished chances of showers to single digits by 8pm . So maybe a delay if it still is rainy . Some DCP’ers will be there . Craiga will be there . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

Just about to start ( 7pm EST ) if forecasted showers have cleared out there . Forecast is for diminished chances of showers to single digits by 8pm . So maybe a delay if it still is rainy . Some DCP’ers will be there . Craiga will be there . 

Can’t wait to hear about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

The sky cleared up nicely, the wind died down and the temperature was comfortable about 90 minutes before the show.

Stands were full. The merch stand was doing a brisk business.

Im not going to predict where they will place. There's just too many things outside of the corps control. I do know they'll be better and more enjoyable than last year.

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

The sky cleared up nicely, the wind died down and the temperature was comfortable about 90 minutes before the show.

Stands were full. The merch stand was doing a brisk business.

Im not going to predict where they will place. There's just too many things outside of the corps control. I do know they'll be better and more enjoyable than last year.

Well jeez don’t sound so excited…

• Haha 7